KTM Forums banner

1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought we could get some pics of our Aussie/NZ bikes be it in the shed or in action >:)

Here's one farking hot pic of some orange sexyness...god himself would come down to earth to ride this :grin2:

Show us what we have and lets make this an ongoing thread where we can post pics of what we Aussies do on our bikes :roost:

·
Dirt Wizard
4,225 Posts
Yes very nice 690arrr, looks even better when your next to it. I have seen it from all angles. Mostly from behind though! Even many birds eye views from behind!

·
Dirt Wizard
4,225 Posts
That's enough talk about behinds!

Here's my little orange delight!

And it's a rear end shot too
Yes, very nice indeed Pete.
Mine is coming, but not a lot of orange on mine. Not yet anyway.
I will try and get a picky tomorrow.
Sideshow's would be nice to put in. I love the look of his rc8.

·
Dirt Wizard
4,225 Posts
Dw's 990 [not much orange though]

Took a happy snap before I rode it to work today

Attachments

Reactions: 690arrr

·
Super Moderator
1,097 Posts
Here is my GT - getting ready to take advantage of some better weather this weekend.

Attachments

Reactions: DW

·
Super Moderator
1,097 Posts
Here is a momento of a recent trip to Tassie - looking northwards from mid way down Mt Poatina. Nice eh??

Attachments

Reactions: DW and scrub runner

·
Registered
357 Posts
that's a pretty bike there bloke ... I'll have to go grab a happy snap outta the pig pen a bit later but it's dark & f ucking cold out there & as of last wkend riding amongst penguins to get to the goldy ride stuff the cold

tas. now that's gotta be a place to put in some ks aye, 4 of us so far planning on heading there this chrisy for a couple of wks, soo looking forward to it - you got my corner lust up :wink2:

Reactions: AusPete

·
Super Moderator
1,097 Posts
that's a pretty bike there bloke ... I'll have to go grab a happy snap outta the pig pen a bit later but it's dark & f ucking cold out there & as of last wkend riding amongst penguins to get to the goldy ride stuff the cold

tas. now that's gotta be a place to put in some ks aye, 4 of us so far planning on heading there this chrisy for a couple of wks, soo looking forward to it - you got my corner lust up :wink2:
Thanks Scrubby - be prepared to wear out tyres in Tassie. :grin2: The roads are abrasive as well as inciting enthusiastic riding. Every 20 minutes has a different topography, so even big days are never boring.

I've read the ride reports from last weekend fella - don't think you had too many penguins to ride around - unless that is a new euphemism for chequered Yamahas. Now HERE though is another story. It is cold even by Canberra standards. I am looking forward to not having to worry about ice in shady corners when we move up your way later in the year. This weekend is looking pretty flash though. 17 max on Saturday and no frost either mornings so off we go for a two dayer. Gotta make the most of the limited opportunities to get Her Loveliness out of the garage. lol!!

Reactions: scrub runner

·
Registered
357 Posts
spring she be just around the corner aye!! solid frost across 200acres of creek flats here the last 3 in a row & shaping up same same manyana ... temps here have been around 1 - 2 above up to around 730 - 8am so yeah I spose we're luxuriating in summer weather, but when you've been here a long time & fully acclimatised I can tell the changes in temp more or less to the deg on the fly around here - even on the bike WITHOUT the dash telling me haha!

re tas, would/will most likely slap new rubber on it to go there seeing as how it's a mtn range ride all the way there & back as well - by choice of course

·
Super Moderator
1,097 Posts
spring she be just around the corner aye!! solid frost across 200acres of creek flats here the last 3 in a row & shaping up same same manyana ... temps here have been around 1 - 2 above up to around 730 - 8am so yeah I spose we're luxuriating in summer weather, but when you've been here a long time & fully acclimatised I can tell the changes in temp more or less to the deg on the fly around here - even on the bike WITHOUT the dash telling me haha!

re tas, would/will most likely slap new rubber on it to go there seeing as how it's a mtn range ride all the way there & back as well - by choice of course
http://www.ktmforums.com/forums/super-duke/100906-ten-day-tassie-trip-tale.html

Try that link for a report on the trip I did back in March. It was my third trip and I love it - I have a mate who owns the Castle Hotel in Bothwell and we use it as a base and do day trips out of there. Moving to Sunshine Coast will just make the run to and from the ferry a lot more interesting - 4 days each way I reckon on the mountains. Lovely!! :wink2:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn AusPete that sounds like an awesome trip!

Gott say that Duke looks impressive in the touring kit >:)

·
Super Moderator
1,097 Posts
Damn AusPete that sounds like an awesome trip!

Gott say that Duke looks impressive in the touring kit >:)
I am biased but Her Loveliness does scrub up pretty well in her full dress uniform. She always gets a few looks when we stop. The perfect girlfriend - demure in public but wild when it matters. 0:)

Reactions: DW and 690arrr

·
Dirt Wizard
4,225 Posts
Hi crew. I have moved a few threads into the qld sub section. I will be leaving this thread in the open aus/nz area as Auspete is technically not in qld yet. Not long now though mate?:wink2:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, very nice indeed Pete.
Mine is coming, but not a lot of orange on mine. Not yet anyway.
I will try and get a picky tomorrow.
Sideshow's would be nice to put in. I love the look of his rc8.
I do intend to add some photos soonish....... and try sort out my phone issues.
Been busy as with doing the Chook chase this w/e and starting a new job on Thursday :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
1,097 Posts
Hi crew. I have moved a few threads into the qld sub section. I will be leaving this thread in the open aus/nz area as Auspete is technically not in qld yet. Not long now though mate?:wink2:
Thanks DW. Reckon this thread deserves national coverage anyway.

Just getting it out there nice and early. YES we are moving to SE Qld in November (16th). NO I will not be changing allegiances. I have been a Blues supporter since the very first Origin game and will continue to do so. It's bad enough I will have to put Qld plates on cars and bike! It will feel like I have reduced my driving capability and road skills by at least 50%.

I am used to sledging though. In 2013 I worked in PNG with a Kiwi company. I was the token white guy in an all Maori group, and an Aussie to boot. Got a lot during rugby season ... gave a lot during cricket season. About even on the Rugby League sledging.:laugh2:

·
Dirt Wizard
4,225 Posts
Why do all nsw people say qlder's have no road skills? Have we got a bad reputation? I don't know if my road skills are any good or not, but I know I am terrible at following road rules.
There is one advantage about putting qld plates on, you won't need to get a safety certificate everytime you want to renew your rego.
As for cricket, I know it shouldn't rely on one player, but I think the heat will be up sh*ts creek without the biggest 6 hitter in the game, his shoulder is r**ted. As for footy, well I think it's best I leave that subject alone. It's pretty obvious.

Anyway this is a bike forum, so..... should we maybe figure out who rides the best!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Why do all nsw people say qlder's have no road skills?
answer: because the place is full of sweaty little mexicans aka victorians that pull to the left to make right hand turns & it just goes on from there - so a basic quick answer to your ponder point is because we get the worst of the southern states drivers moving here in droves, bas7ards should stay down there & worship our leet road skills >:)

·
Dirt Wizard
4,225 Posts
I do intend to add some photos soonish....... and try sort out my phone issues.
Been busy as with doing the Chook chase this w/e and starting a new job on Thursday :grin2:
In your own time mate. I have already had the privilege of seeing it.:wink2: beautiful machine.

How did the chook chase go? 1 of my mates on his 530 went on it and apparently ran into a guy on a yammy twice. He wasn't the only one either, he said another 2 guys also ran into the same guy on the yammy. He must have been a sh*t rider or well out of his element.

·
Dirt Wizard
4,225 Posts
I need a new avatar picture

I need one of you mad bardstards to take a picky of me riding the sd on our next get together so I can change my avatar. Don't know what to do yet, I have been experimenting again with stoppies. It's been a while since I had a bike that could do a good stoppie.>:)

1 - 20 of 332 Posts