KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's KTM of the Month Challenge!
341 - 360 of 391 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,298 Posts
Took myself out for lunch at Rainbow Beach on Friday to celebrate the new mirrors. They worked fine, better than the buzzy OEM ones in fact.

It got pretty hot once the road left the coast. Gympie was a pleasant 37.5C according to dash temp.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Sold my trusty 2010 1200 Multi after 86,000 reliable Kms, and brought a new 2021 950S GP colour scheme, with touring kit, (left) A stable mate for the 1290R. Great bike, a drop in power, but it handles beautifully, it has incredible suspension, a loverly quick shifter, very smooth engine. 850 kms now so booked in for first service, only bug bear is the wind screen buffeting, but otherwise an amazing bike, and the wife loves it too.

·
Super Moderator
1,298 Posts
Here is my old SDGT having a break at Chindera while waiting for the Gold Coast traffic to abate somewhat. I fed my face on fish and calamari. I was 900 kms in to here with another 250 to go. The GT was going it effortlessly, me not so much.

·
Premium Member
KTM 690 Duke Street Tracker
141 Posts
Hey guys, recently purchased my first KTM, this 2016 690 will be in for a big transformation, not going to be much Orange left when I am done, I am in Qld, and decided Another distraction from my pile of projects would be to build a street tracker. I had intended to get a 05-07 640 duke for the carbureted simplicity, but it’s a challenge to get a good low klm one and this 2016 was too good a deal to pass up.

·
Premium Member
KTM 690 Duke Street Tracker
141 Posts
I made my own SAS delete plate and cut up the solenoid and valve units to use the plugs after exposing the connectors and soldering on a 1k .5w resistor on each to keep the ecu happy, have not checked it yet. Deleted the cat box and mounted the Leo Vance can under the bike. Fabricated the front race plate to fit the trimmed down OEM headlight bucket, fitted a useless fleabay spot with halo for my day riding, will not be night riding in the country with this setup, started making a new tunnel for the gas tank to set up the fuel sender and pump. Lots of fab and weld to go. Will start a build thread soon

341 - 360 of 391 Posts