KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's KTM of the Month Challenge!
361 - 380 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
:ROFLMAO:...... closed on Monday's and Tuesday's....... so I know you ride early in the week now... (y):D

·
Registered
KTM 690
5 Posts
Nice run out to Killarney via the Falls Road and home via Condamine Gorge
Hi Onvisa, how's that SMC going?
I read that the 2021 EU model (the one that arrives in Australia if I am not mistaken) doesn't have a fuel dongle available to install, only in US models. Can you please give your opinion about the fuel dongle, do you think it's necessary? Any mods or musts to do on the bike? Also, I see you changed the exhaust and that's on my list as well, did you need to do re-maping or anithing like it? Cheers mate.

·
Premium Member
KTM 690 Duke Street Tracker
141 Posts
I read that the 2021 EU model (the one that arrives in Australia if I am not mistaken) doesn't have a fuel dongle available to install, only in US models. Can you please give your opinion about the fuel dongle, do you think it's necessary? Any mods or musts to do on the bike? Also, I see you changed the exhaust and that's on my list as well, did you need to do re-maping or anithing like it? Cheers mate.
Generally you can change either the inlet filter or the exhaust without greatly worrying about a fuel change, changing both and you MUST enriched the mixture with a tune or the dongle to adjust air intake temperature. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Love it, 30,000km's racked up in 2 years. Only the Wings pipe fitted so technically no dongle needed, I have tried the dongle but could not fell the difference. I do have a PC5 with Autotune waiting to install and will add the Rottweiler intake later in the year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
In March I had a minor fender bender 🤬 with another rider while out on a group ride. The other rider and my self were OK with only "minor' damage to the bikes and ripped protective gear as it was only a slow speed accident. Both bikes were totally ride able. His bike has since been written off which was all covered by my insurance. My bike was assessed by both the insurance company‘s assessor and the repairer. They both found only panel damage and various ancillaries needing repair or replacement on my bike. Due to COVID-19 and shipping the parts would not arrive until late July 🙄. I proceeded to continue to do regular rides, mini tours and commute every day while waiting on parts ……

Fast-forward 3 months to June...... The service light came up as expected at 53,000km. I booked in for the service and new chain and sprockets. Service day comes I drop off my GT and pick up a loan bike for the day. About 10AM I get a call from the service department telling me that I have a crack in the frame and the bike is completely UN-rideable. 🥺:
I returned to the service center after work on the loan bike. The service manager shows me the photos of the crack 😬.
A phone call to the insurance company lead to me catching a cab home and my bike been towed back to the repair’s yard again for reassessment and due to the fact KTM are not manufacturing replacement frames at the moment due to COVID-19 she had to be written off 😔.
We had 53,881 Kms of pure riding enjoyment though 😃
Fast-Forward to August I finally receive word that my new bike is ready to be picked up freshly out of her shipping crate and all🙌

I have a new 2021 KTM 1290GT in white this time

and she is taking pride of place in my garage at home 😀

Photo Opp at Mount Glorious

Photo Opp at Wivenhoe Dam 😊 Humm not much water there 😲

She is a beautiful machine ad defiantly worth the 2 month wait 🥳😃😎🏍🌄🏞

·
Super Moderator
1,298 Posts
That is very much a bad luck, good luck, happy ending story Josh. I'll bet your eyes popped open wide when you saw the crack in the frame.

I do love your new girl though. My '17 has just on 60,000km and almost every one of them has been a pleasure. Enjoy a lot and as usual post some pics of your travels.

Reactions: JoshKTM

·
Super Moderator
1,298 Posts
The Italian Supermodel meets the Austrian Archduke

I had a moment recently, and when I recovered I found this in my garage.. she is a pretty little thing, and the old Archduke took a slightly unseemly interest. I seriously doubt WW3 will break out, but I get first dibs on any offspring.

Thunder is to become my day ride bike and Donner the Archduke is to be my "get out of town, multi day trip" bike.

Just so you don't have to look it up, Tuono is Italian for Thunder, Donner is German for Thunder. Apt or what?

361 - 380 of 391 Posts