KTM Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Us Aussies were at it again today out for yet another KTM ride!

Met the usual suspects at Kallangur Maccas and we blasted off into the hills for some fun orange style >:)

Turned into a shortcut which leads us into the twisties and I popped a little wheely and carried it over the crest only to find myself wheelying behind a police patrol 4WD :surprise: . He slowed down and so did I then I proceeded to do a quick u-turn and headed back the opposite way much to the surprise/annoyance of the crew who had no idea why I was high tailing it out of there lol. We quickly regrouped and headed up into the hills.

... unfortunately there is a 6 week police blitz on our mountain of choice today and there was 6 coppers all up on the hill sigh

Still had a blast and had Doug hot on the 690's heels breathing fire outta that monster 1290's beasts engine so it was a very quick run to the top >:)

Sipped a couple of lattes like old women at the coffee shop on the top of the mountain and talked KTM talk for an hour then we all went our separate ways. Was a short run but still a good one :grin2:

till next time..

oh and a nice pic of the entire aussie police force at our cafe :)

· Registered
21 Posts
Looks awesome! Nebo? I can't pick where that is exactly, but havent been in the mountains for a while, so no surprise there.

That's the only thing i'm worried about a decat / no baffle AR GP1R.......they are crazy loud (which IMO is a good thing for the beast) but worried I might attract too much attention from the fuzz.

· Dirty Wiz
4,821 Posts
Scrubby and I would have only rode maybe 10 minutes down the road from the cafe and got pulled over. Usual crap, license check, blow in the bag, Which I started to worry about as we were both still seedy from the night before. I blew into the machine and the police man had to take a second glance. Luckily he said I was ok, but I'm thinking he may have got some kind of reading.
I think scrub was getting worried when they were checking his license history as they seemed to take forever, but to fill in the time we were having a good laugh at this w*nker kiwi guy that was pulled over as well in his sneakers and shorts and was throwing all kinds of abuse at the boys in blue for no apparent reason.
Scrub thought why not ask while they were checking his history to see how many points he has left and I think he was suprised with the result.
As I was running late, tired and still had 4 hrs to go I asked scrub if we could just bang down the big black road, which was boring i know and low and behold we got stuck behind another blue and yellow checkered bike.
They were just thick as thieves. I still had good fun though. Any day when your on a ktm with a few other ktm mates is good day.:wink2:

· Registered
357 Posts
nice to see we're using the oz area in a productive manner at last lads wd, DW was fun doing the miles with you, was actually a bit of a surprise to learn I have more than 2 points left on my brief so bonus! shame it was such a delay & being suck behind that mobile tax collector for something like 60km in total was driving me bonkers - got me ya yas out after I left you & came back via those long 70k sweepers from the other day (obviously observing the speed limits)

heya GTR welcome bloke, nice to kknow there's another suicidal keen to actually ride the thing rather than sit at keyboards posting waffle & wank bs about it, looking forward to saying gday & learning how to ride it a bit from you - have fun with it & never deny the smiles it gives you aye

Andy thanks for the lap through the back blocks but by God it got tedious with the members of the big blue gang aye & I give you my word as the shoulder heals & my strength gets even from one side of my body to the next I'll start looking at my front tyre tread condition, thought I saw an rc8 defy gravity out there as well - looked very cool going in a straight line unlike a certain *cough*madfarker990*cough* all over the lines like a mad woman on a full moon - good times thanks all

Reactions: GTR27

· Registered
21 Posts
I'm a bit screwed for time, and doing Fifo to sydney every week, but i'll make an effort to get out for a few rides. Looking more like i'm going to have to move to sydney too by the end of the year, which sucks but at the same time is a great opportunity.

· Registered
357 Posts
good luck which ever way you end up doing things bloke - big smoke has it's advantages, fifo - been there done that, rack it in while you can, if it's the tunnels go for it a few yrs in the mix apparently if you don't mind a move here or there, look forward to a ride sometime though aye - am sorta planned to go there next wk actually providing I don't freeze to death along the way :grin2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.