KTM Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered Dec.31st and arrived this week. It's the Austin Racing V3 Mini 140mm long with etched logo and orange end cap,
Non homologated with removable baffle. Less than 5 min to install (4 bolts). It's loud 105db so I put the db killer which brings it down to 103db I think. Ordered with the black pipe work. Have not ridden it yet. They emailed me last month and asked if I wanted Super Duke etched instead of Austin Racing which I said yes to but didn't happen. The orange cap is not as deep in colour as KTM orange but still happy with it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
View attachment 100968
Forgot to mention the not so great black pipework they charge £50 for...they missed a spot. Also, wished the hanger was better customized for the bike versus the generic one they stuck on.
How are you liking it so far? I'm just about to hit Order on the 200 mm version.
1) You can still adjust your rearsets to the track position?
2) A bit louder and deeper but not straight pipes loud?
3) Any weird backfires
4) Can you remove the wheel without removing the slip on?

TIA!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would probably look at something else next time. It's really loud. The 200mm is probably a lot better sound wise for the street. Was at the track last month but didn't adjust the rearsets. Maybe that is why the hanger is so large. No weird backfires. Probably need to remove to get the back tire off but haven't had to yet. It's quick to remove.

·
Registered
2021 Superduke 1290R
204 Posts
It arrived and mounting was easy, no orange tip this time and Superduke etched on it, I'm happy

Also it is homologated with paperwork and number etched in the back, but it is completely hollow and no db killer in it so I wonder how they get this thing homologated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Doesn't keep me awake anymore, I'm past 55 and 3 back and 2 neck operations later you care less about that ;)
For riding Street, I call those "I have a brain strips". I like to keep some extra lean available for when a car is playing on their phone crossed over the double yellow. Or an unexpected dog, chicken, deer, turkey, cat, etc. You've about seen at all at our age!

·
Registered
2021 Superduke 1290R
204 Posts
For riding Street, I call those "I have a brain strips". I like to keep some extra lean available for when a car is playing on their phone crossed over the double yellow. Or an unexpected dog, chicken, deer, turkey, cat, etc. You've about seen at all at our age!

Yep, riding motorcycles for 38 years now and I thought I saw it all but sometimes people keeps surprising me ;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm in my 50's too, and I hear you - have seen it all, most of which has been captured on my camera. But, how do you avoid under steer when you're not even leaning your hyper motard over? Even with my M7's (good street tyre but not in the same league as the one's on your Gen 3), getting it over is sublime and safe. You can see from my photo I am NOT a hard rider, but I do lean a little - all on the back streets of Perth. I'd love to get it on a track one day. Any ho, horses for courses.

·
Registered
2021 Superduke 1290R
204 Posts
Have always driven hard, with GSX'r 1100 and then later the 1000 series until 5 years ago, I even did track days and also did Nürburgring. But after my last neck surgery it was impossible to lean forward on the bike and then hold my head up. Curves were the nicest thing I did but the body doesn't want to go with it anymore, you have to compare it to sticking a large stick in your a**hole and then try to hang next to your motorcycle, that's really not possible :ROFLMAO:. But I still kick on the speed and if I can do that a few times a week then I'm satisfied and for the rest I cruise around on one of the Harley's or with the sewing machine ( electric bike ).

·
Registered
33 Posts
It arrived and mounting was easy, no orange tip this time and Superduke etched on it, I'm happy View attachment 104475

View attachment 104476

Also it is homologated with paperwork and number etched in the back, but it is completely hollow and no db killer in it so I wonder how they get this thing homologated.
If you look inside of it, you'll notice that about halfway through you can see the perforated insides.
First part is not perforated, thats the actual DB-killer which you can't remove :)
I've got the same slip-on, and I'm about 100% certain that if I ever get pulled over and the cop has a bad day, I'll be screwed.. 😂

·
Registered
2021 Superduke 1290R
204 Posts
If you look inside of it, you'll notice that about halfway through you can see the perforated insides.
First part is not perforated, thats the actual DB-killer which you can't remove :)
I've got the same slip-on, and I'm about 100% certain that if I ever get pulled over and the cop has a bad day, I'll be screwed.. 😂
You are correct, first part is perforated, not much a db killer in my opinion but the overall sound is nice and not disturbing at all. I think the cat absorbs most
of the noise because I did a test-run before without any silencer at all and I must say it was doable. But I'm happy with the sound and looks from the AR (y)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts