KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SD GT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must be crazy but after only a month into owning my "new to me" 2017 GT, I went and ordered the Arrow Decat Link pipe
and Arrow Titanium, Race Tech Slip-On Exhaust.
I also have ordered the Rotty, Healtech 'ESE' Exhaust Servo Eliminator, we will see how the USPS / Can Post is working. :rolleyes:

I may look into the Rotty air intake Stage4 over the winter, but at the very least I think a PCV will be needed?

With all this said, who is the go2 KTM Dyno Tuner in the Toronto / Southwestern Ontario area for the Super Duke R/GT?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Look at Brentuningmoto.com
for their handheld with a custom tune on it for your mods. I have used it on my BMW 1600 bagger and sdgt . fantastic result and you can take it back to stock at any time. You dont need to instal a PCV like you would to get a dyno tuner to the map for you. (On black Friday you can get it quite a bit cheaper)

·
Registered
18 SDR
1,723 Posts
I really like the concept of Brentunig with no piggyback device. That said I noticed a post from a Superduke forum member that had issues.

I know there is a local hangout where there is a few guys with tuned SDRs. I’ll ask them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I really like the concept of Brentunig with no piggyback device. That said I noticed a post from a Superduke forum member that had issues.

I know there is a local hangout where there is a few guys with tuned SDRs. I’ll ask them.
I spoke to a few tuners here in Toronto and all them required that I have a power commander installed. I have had one of those with an autotune module on my Triumph rocket a few years back and its an easy install and good device but I didn't want to have the piggyback on my ecu.

·
Registered
2017 SD GT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Alan,
I had not heard of Brentuningmoto, I must be showing my 10 plus years away from motorcycling.
I will look into their flasher.

In the past I have used Power Commanders on several bikes, but again, not in a long time.

2002 Honda CBR954: full Arata exhaust with K&N filter with custom dyno tune which gained about 18hp across the board via Power Commander III.
2001 Honda RC51: Sato slip ons with all the free mods (Airbox Flapper, soft rev limiter, etc) and Power Commander III... no tune, went with Dan Kyle's supplied map.
2004 Kawasaki XZ10R: just a Sato slip on with no PC or mapping.

I can't help but think a custom PCV tune based on Dyno runs should yield the optimal set up?

On my car (2018 VW GTI) I have a performance downpipe, with AWE exhaust and I decided to go with a Burger Tuning JB4 which is a piggyback fuel mapping device vs.
a flash tune (APR, Cobb, etc.) so that my warranty would not be effected if VW discovered an ECU flash.

Looks like I may need to do some more reading on the pros and cons.

As I did with the RC51... I think Rottweiler offers their PCV mapping for different specific mods?

·
Registered
2017 SD GT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the recent Brent Tuning thread has enough in it to make me cautious to go that route!

I see much SDR talk for adding a dealer Akra flash for the Decat/Slip-on mod, is there such a dealer flash for the SDGT?

If so, can any dealer up (Ontario, Canada) here do these ECU flashes?

·
Registered
153 Posts
This was debated in another post recently. You don't need a reflash for a decat, although you may want one. Modern ECU's have a reasonable range of adaptability. You won't run too lean like some folk incorrectly believe. Leaner, yes, but not dangerously so. There's a dyno graph with evidence somewhere on this site. When I decat my SDR I'll eliminate O2 and let the bike adapt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, the recent Brent Tuning thread has enough in it to make me cautious to go that route!

I see much SDR talk for adding a dealer Akra flash for the Decat/Slip-on mod, is there such a dealer flash for the SDGT?

If so, can any dealer up (Ontario, Canada) here do these ECU flashes?
Was that your KTM SDGT outside Riders Choice in Mississauga on Monday? Did you end up flashing the ECU or just going with the Healtech and letting the bike adjust fueling for itself?

·
Registered
2017 SD GT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Small world, yes that was my GT.
Was that your black MV Agusta sitting next to it?

John was putting a new set of Road5s on for me.

I ended up leaving things alone for right now with just the Healtech.
I was thinking about adding the Rotty fuel dongles, but the bike has been running great the way it is. :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's too funny. I was actually on my identical 2017 SD GT and was parked right next to yours for about 30 mins. I was in talking to John and Matt about my exhaust situation and got to admire your setup. When I first saw it, I was hoping the owner was around so I could hear the Arrow setup in person. :)

I recently bought a beautiful brand new KTM SD Akrapovic Titanium can off some dude on Kijiji, but didn't realize that I was buying the "full system" version, which doesn't come with a flange. So basically, I had to find a way of adapting it so I could attach it to the stock collector. Fun ****.

Anyhoo...

Hope you're enjoying the great April weather in the GTA this week and happy riding.

·
Registered
2017 SD GT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's too funny. I was actually on my identical 2017 SD GT and was parked right next to yours for about 30 mins. I was in talking to John and Matt about my exhaust situation and got to admire your setup. When I first saw it, I was hoping the owner was around so I could hear the Arrow setup in person. :)

I recently bought a beautiful brand new KTM SD Akrapovic Titanium can off some dude on Kijiji, but didn't realize that I was buying the "full system" version, which doesn't come with a flange. So basically, I had to find a way of adapting it so I could attach it to the stock collector. Fun ****.

Anyhoo...

Hope you're enjoying the great April weather in the GTA this week and happy riding.
With your forum handle, I thought the MV may have been yours.

I am loving how the Arrow is sounding on my bike, although the sound is mostly attributable to the Arrow decat link pipe vs the Arrow can.
Just like on my car (VW, GTI), I have a cat back exhaust system installed, but it is really the performance downpipe that REALLY impacts the sound and performance. :)

Saturday's weather looks fantastic in the GTA, great day for a ride!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts