KTM Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just got a new 19 superduke GT. Bike starts and rides fine. But will not allow me to access any menu items. When I press the up or down button it says "check connection to phone and headset". That is all fine and well. But i Literally have no access to menus to even set it up. Am I doing something wrong? It's almost like its locked. I have a feeling I'm going back to the dealer.

·
Registered
773 Posts
My GT does not have BT so can't help except to say check your manual for turning off BT.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welp. Back to the dealer it goes. Literally...0 miles. Never even got to ride it, and the dash doesnt work properly. Not a good start for my first KTM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha. Wish I would have known that 48 hrs ago. Would have went with the kawi. From what Ive heard, these bikes are fairly well sorted out. Hopefully it's something quick.

·
Registered
118 Posts
They will reset the software and get you sorted. You'll love it once you get past the teething pains! I had some weird electrical issue when I first got mine - it spent a month in the shop before they could get it diagnosed and get the replacement part - the wires in the right side switch assembly were pulled too tight causing connection issues. They had a new part as it was a known issue, and once replaced I've never had another issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. You have alot more patience than I have. A brand new bike in the shop for a month?! Something is wrong with that. I'm truly hoping that's not the case with mine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi all. I just got a new 19 superduke GT. Bike starts and rides fine. But will not allow me to access any menu items. When I press the up or down button it says "check connection to phone and headset". That is all fine and well. But i Literally have no access to menus to even set it up. Am I doing something wrong? It's almost like its locked. I have a feeling I'm going back to the dealer.
Sounds to me like the "quick menu" options have been set to some of the KTM MyRide options. This is not a default setting (mine were empty and I set them to "heated grips" and "heated seat" settings). Perhaps somebody messed with it during pre-delivery?

If my hypothesis is correct, all you need to do is press the "set" button, then find the "quick menu" settings, then change them to something else.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree. I wish it was that easy. The set button has no response. So there is no way to access anything in the menu. I tried disconnecting the battery for a hard reset as well, to no avail. Dealer is stumped. Has to go in to be hooked up to the computer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Scotlings8 and Thumper1500

It appears to me that your dealer may have some out of the crate assembly quality control issue. Seems like the dealer should have run you through the menu at the dealership...mine did. We made sure everything worked before I drove away. Not the bike’s fault IMHO.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish he had. Unfortunately, the closest bike to me was 12 hrs away, so I had it delivered to me. It is currently sitting at my local dealer waiting for a new control switch. Should have been caught during the PDI, that evidently wasnt done correctly.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Scotlings8 and Thumper1500

It appears to me that your dealer may have some out of the crate assembly quality control issue. Seems like the dealer should have run you through the menu at the dealership...mine did. We made sure everything worked before I drove away. Not the bike’s fault IMHO.
Exactly!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I wish he had. Unfortunately, the closest bike to me was 12 hrs away, so I had it delivered to me. It is currently sitting at my local dealer waiting for a new control switch. Should have been caught during the PDI, that evidently wasnt done correctly.
Hopefully the US system has improved from years past and you are back on the road quickly :).

I guess with increasing electrickery on bikes, we should expect some glitches..... but it would be nice if dealer principles set enough time aside to allow their mechanics to do the pre-delivery thoroughly ;).

Here's hoping you get it back in time for a couple of rides before the winter bites hard (y).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live in Florida in the southern United states, so I'm not too worried about it getting cold. But a bike with just a few miles sitting in the shop really stinks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts