KTM Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently, I have the tinted PUIG racing windscreen, which dumps dirty air right on my helmet.

I've always preferred lower windscreens that let me experience the quiet laminar air.

Does anyone have a stock or lower windscreen they can ship to US zip 94587?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up ordering this one off eBay. It looks to be as low, or lower as anything else I can find, and I figure I can cut it down if it's still too tall.

Guess I'll find out in a month :p

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was going to do the same thing so I ordered a stock one. It is the same as my Puig. I don't think KTM offers but the one. I'd be interested in how the one you bought cuts if you go that route.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some pics: PUIG screen, the China screen prepped for cutting, mounted after cut, and the piece I cut off.

The plastic is the same thickness as the PUIG screen and feels solid. There's some minor visual distortion, as to be expected, but visibility is quite good. I cut it with a Dremel, de-burred with the Dremel sanding tip, then hand sanded with 120 grit sandpaper and polished with 2000 grit wetNdry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's much better now!

No buffeting, and my head is in clean air at freeway (and lower) speeds. Only downside is that now there is a bit of air hitting my chest and coming up into the helmet, drying out my eyes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts