KTM Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm about to commit to purchasing a new 890 R. However, I have not been able to find one to at least sit on. The closest one is 400 miles away. My dealer only has the GP. When I sat on the GP my legs felt ok overall. I know that the peg position and handlebars are different between the GP and the R.

I'm looking at this bike mainly as a play toy to ride through the twisties for maybe up to 3 hours.

So I just wanted to get some feedback from some tall people to see how you feel and if you have any recommendations.

Thanks

·
Registered
823 Posts
GP is just the old standard renamed and painted. The bars are lower on the R but the standard ones go right on (well, with a little tugging on the wires). I can't believe the pegs are different -- they feel like they are in the same dirt bikish position as all KTM road bikes.

I'm about 5'11. I've done all day rides on mine. The limiting factor for me is the seat but that's fixable.

·
Registered
2022 KTM Duke 200
9 Posts
How different are the peg and bar positions on it compared to other Dukes? I know the tank and lower section around the engine feels a bit different, but height and seating wise are they pretty close?

I'm 6'7" and I ride a Duke 200 as a primary mode of transportation when I don't need to bring all my kids with me, and I ride for 30+ minutes half the time. I'm comfortable. I'll probably raise the bars a bit eventually, but my legs fit very well on this bike, better than any other I sat on, and I have a 37" inseam of it helps compare.

Not sure if that helps since the bike is way smaller, but thought I would try at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts