KTM Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I was cleaning my bike today when i noticed something on the left side of the engine, the cord/wire you can see on the picture is broken and I was wondering if anybody knows what this part is or how to unscrew the bolt so i could connect them again because the problem is that I cant remove the bolt as it just turns there when I try to unscrew it.
It is my first bike and don't know much about these things so any advice is definitely welcome!

·
Registered
51 Posts
That is the oil pressure sensor.
If the nut does not come off and the thread rotates, it most likely has damaged the internals of the sensor.
It will be better to replace the complete sensor and find a new connector in a car electric shop to reconnect the broken wire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the oil pressure sensor.
If the nut does not come off and the thread rotates, it most likely has damaged the internals of the sensor.
It will be better to replace the complete sensor and find a new connector in a car electric shop to reconnect the broken wire.
You're right, I managed to remove the whole piece and still no way to loosen the rusted nut so I do need
a new one and thank you for the help it's much appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts