KTM Forums banner

241 - 260 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Would now be a good time to tell you that originally the spreads were made from the byproducts of beer manufacture. Unsure if that is still the case today though. Oh and you can buy Vegemite in the US these days.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
Ya know when perusing the label I did notice a decided similarity to my beer making kits. I've got lots of this stuff .... only difference is I'm drinking mine. Think I'll go now and have a glass of Vegemite sandwich!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Sadly Sparty we don't make much....... we either dig it up and sell it, or buy stuff from o/s. Anything we do make looks ugly (remember the two wheel drive bike or the 5Ltr V2 made from a slice of a 30Ltr merlin V12 engine?).

:D how good was the race at PI?.....(y)...... had me sitting on the edge of the lounge chair.

Lucky with the weather though....... cyclonic on Saturday, magnificent on Sunday..... and the race finished just before some threatening clouds floated over the circuit....... pure assss for October at PI.

·
Dirt Wizard
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
For a thread I started to talk about organised nsw and qld rides, you buggers sure do dribble on with some sh-t.
Which is kinda what vaginamite taste's like.

·
Registered
843 Posts
For a thread I started to talk about organised nsw and qld rides, you buggers sure do dribble on with some sh-t.
Which is kinda what vaginamite taste's like.
Going a little too low mate.

·
Dirt Wizard
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #245

·
Registered
50 Posts
For any of the southerners wanting to get away later this month. I will be heading North bound again to meet up with @DW & @AusPete for a weekend of Northen NSW & Southern QLD.

Plan is to get away on Monday 25th after lunch & return the following Monday. Feel free to come & join for as much as you can spare.
Accommodation will be as I find it each afternoon. Roads will be where ever the Unobatainium will go, mainly not to far from a bowser!!.Mobile fuel tankers carrying a syphon hose more than welcome......
The only definite is I have organized somewhere to stay for 2 nights at the Sunshine coast with good friends.
Outside of that point & squirt....

·
Registered
50 Posts
2 Weeks ago - Attempting to get away for a weekend on the Unobtainium started of well with lunch in the Cherry Capital of OZ, then only to be bought to halt an 1hr later with the dragon loosing coolant out a pin hole. A 2hr limp home(including a stop for an amber pick me up!!) & I was where I started 6hrs earlier. This time wishing the Fire breathing dragon would just die.
The next day saw me make some band aid repairs until a new part can bought into OZ.

Round 2 - good conditions, a test ride of an Africa twin down the road, lunch, a few more hrs of exploring & pulling stumps up at an establishment with Hydration, nourishment & relaxation.
This was going well until my sidekick got a flat on his newly received BMW 800GSA a mere 43kms later. This distance proved to be a good distance as under 50 kms see his insurance company pick up the machine & return to his residence & not to the closest place of repair.

So after 3hrs of sitting around( I may have ducked off briefly to the closest town to find caramel slice) on the side of the HUME HWY a man with a truck picked him up & took him home. This same truck had just dropped off a 40ft shipping a little down the road. OVER KILL MUCH.....

Round 3 saw me get a test ride of a steed at a local bike dealership... Then the pondering of which bike to purchase. This kind of pondering is likened to Socrates & Aristotle of which can only be done with a clear head at a fine Inn with a shcnitty covered in hot sauce & a beverage to clear the mind.

Just so happens I knew of such a place within reaching distance of the Dragons belly, @DW knows this distance oh so well.
With a labyrinth of roads used to get to said establishment I almost forgot what I was pondering. That was until the dirt rd faced me, AHH yes an adventure bike 😎. A quick flipper & I was back on the hard stuff.

With lunch consumed & still no decision my side kick & I thought that maybe another tank of fuel somewhere will help. Thought was Gunning via Rugby & Crookwell.
Idea was great, the fact the weather had not improved across the day was not. Temps down to 11 & winds hitting the 25knot mark from all directions made it interesting. Plus the inclusion of a farmer being considerate & sending all his newly tilled top soil to an adjacent property. The country folk are just so generous!!!

Then there was the stock heard being moved which gave the Orangeness a fantastic camouflage of browns, greens & khaki. It would have blended fantastically at a local skatey bowl with the kid whose parents bought his camo gear from the same makers of Hyper-color shirtso_O
The small section of road sign posted 40km corners followed by some fast open flowing stuff, more than made up for the new graphic kit.

With a neck stretched every direction, a new paint scheme to rival pimp my ride & the Unobtainium returning home unscathed I felt that the day was a success. Albeit no pondering was done, maybe a different Inn next weekend will fix that.

Owing a KTM is liking having a son, the little turd will chuck tantrums, break stuff and try & do everything flat out, but every now & then he comes to you & says "I DUG A HOLE DAD" & you feel so proud..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
:eek:....... The @Sungod Racing @AusPete @DW ratpack is getting together again....... holy smoke batman, and there's a bushfire catastrophe in progress in Nth NSW, SE QLD (and just about everywhere on the eastern seaboard).

Keep an eye on the road closure CFS site eh...... it would be hilarious to see the KTM covered in orange fire retardant from a air tanker drop........ :giggle:.

Only 33C today in the sunblast state......

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
:eek:....... The @Sungod Racing @AusPete @DW ratpack is getting together again....... holy smoke batman, and there's a bushfire catastrophe in progress in Nth NSW, SE QLD (and just about everywhere on the eastern seaboard).

Keep an eye on the road closure CFS site eh...... it would be hilarious to see the KTM covered in orange fire retardant from a air tanker drop........ :giggle:.

Only 33C today in the sunblast state......
Yeah reckon it was @DaveAu and your bunch of reprobate mates coming back from Canberra who re-started the big Birds Nest one near Nymboydia and trail blazed the Tenterfield ones again too. Riding so fast you created a wind vortex and altered the magnetic field of the sun. No wait, that was Barnaby. Sorry about that. The wind vortex I still put on you.

Retardant is a striking pink colour. Pink leathers anyone??

All jokes aside there is not much of the eastern seaboard between Port Macquarie and Noosa that isn't under threat at the moment. It will take a considered look at the road closures before heading down any particular road.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Potentially myself and the old boy will be meeting up with you all on the 1st. Have to toss the spawn on a plane to Japan first and see if I can get the furkid into the kennels.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
From the pics I have seen and stories told the furkid could run along side if there is no room at the doggie Inn. 😁

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yeah reckon it was @DaveAu and your bunch of reprobate mates coming back from Canberra who re-started the big Birds Nest one near Nymboydia and trail blazed the Tenterfield ones again too. Riding so fast you created a wind vortex and altered the magnetic field of the sun. No wait, that was Barnaby. Sorry about that. The wind vortex I still put on you.

Retardant is a striking pink colour. Pink leathers anyone??

All jokes aside there is not much of the eastern seaboard between Port Macquarie and Noosa that isn't under threat at the moment. It will take a considered look at the road closures before heading down any particular road.

:whistle:...... honestly officer..... it wasn't us........ and you're right..... pink is the new orange and it is sticky goo to ;).

Mate of mine is a mechanical engineer working for the RAAF at Richmond..... he's a fit 62yo and is a strike team commander in the volunteer CFS..... he has been up here fighting the Sunshine Coast fires...... hope e does a good job and puts them out soon (though rain is really the only answer)........ maybe if @Sungod Racing rides fast enough to suck some wet Victorian weather up north? Being careful not to leave a trail of flames in his wheel tracks or sparks from pegs/boots on corners eh ;).

2 weeks is a long time..... maybe some luck with the wind will help contain the big fires and open all roads. I'll stay tuned too...... I'm up for a day ride on the north side, though my hip is giving me a lot of grief on the countdown to a replacement operation (hip, not head :LOL:..... i can read thoughts.......:devilish:).

·
Dirt Wizard
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Fires, water bombers, road closures.... it's all a little bit daunting, but she'll be right ay.

We will just make it up as we go. If we run out of tarmac, just hit the dirt.
Have to keep an eye on @Sungod Racing 's Dragon though and make sure it's not breathing too many flames.
Was debating on whether to have baffles in or out on the smut. Baffles out does help clear the wild life and most living creatures from about a km away, but due to the fire hazard, it probably be best to have them in.

·
Dirt Wizard
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #258

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
Your starting to sound like someone else I go riding with.......soft :p
I resemble that comment......

·
Dirt Wizard
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Alright, alright. We will stay off the dirt.
I know you're not soft @AusPete , just ocd when it comes to Keeping a clean bike. (Can't blame a man for that)

We should take the crew over mt Lindsay hwy south bound from killarney to Woodenbong.
That will determine who's soft or not.
Though the most disadvantaged will be @Sungod Racing and his bread board Rc8 seat.

241 - 260 of 310 Posts