·
Dirt Wizard
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bergs gone, sold......Don't want to talk about it.:crying2:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Good riddance to the damn thing .... if god wanted you to ride in dirt he wouldn’t have made pavement.
I’m still a bit confused about adventure bikes tho so maybe there is a master plan?
What next .... an “R” I hope?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good riddance to the damn thing .... if god wanted you to ride in dirt he wouldn’t have made pavement.

I’m still a bit confused about adventure bikes tho so maybe there is a master plan?

The old man and my KTMs are being modded from race bikes (EXC) to Adventure bikes, riding the tarmac is fine but sometimes it's also fun to get down and dirty. Plus not everywhere in the world has tarmac roads. Hell my "road" is a dirt track

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

·
Dirt Wizard
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a 2014 ktm 500. Something I can buy parts for.
Full blown chook chaser now mate.
Dirts good, love dirt. We got lots of that stuff over here.

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
I bought a 2014 ktm 500. Something I can buy parts for.
Full blown chook chaser now mate.
Dirts good, love dirt. We got lots of that stuff over here.
@Spartacus he is still having a little bit of self pleasurement over the 500. He is gabbling on about wheelies, balance point gear changes ..... not sure he is speaking english ... certainly not 'Strine or 'Murican that's fo'sho.

I am thinking he is probably talking dirty ....

·
Dirt Wizard
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Making it road legal?

Sorry, I should be more precise. It's a registered chook chaser.
Ready to go.

·
Dirt Wizard
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Spartacus he is still having a little bit of self pleasurement over the 500. He is gabbling on about wheelies, balance point gear changes ..... not sure he is speaking english ... certainly not 'Strine or 'Murican that's fo'sho.

I am thinking he is probably talking dirty ....
I have a filthy mind....

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
Dirt envy

A simple explanation in plain English here
Dirt Riders have bigger knobs....

·
Dirt Wizard
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Dirt Wizard
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The purple monsters new shoes are 50/50 if I enjoy the dirt as much as I hope I'll go more aggressive next time.

50/50 tyres on the dirt are very 50/50 if you know what I mean. Though I am going to run them on the 5 when I buy a cush drive rear wheel. Makes them pretty loose in the a-se end.
I'll have a knobby set on the standard rims and a 50/50 set on the cush drive set.
We can go exploring then. I don't know how far though on the standard fuel tank. Might need a longer range one.
Put knobby tyres on Pete's GT and then we will have a mobile fuel tanker. Just need siphon hose.

·
Registered
265 Posts
50/50 tyres on the dirt are very 50/50 if you know what I mean. Though I am going to run them on the 5 when I buy a cush drive rear wheel. Makes them pretty loose in the a-se end.

I'll have a knobby set on the standard rims and a 50/50 set on the cush drive set.

We can go exploring then. I don't know how far though on the standard fuel tank. Might need a longer range one.

Put knobby tyres on Pete's GT and then we will have a mobile fuel tanker. Just need siphon hose.
The old guy does plan to make alloy long range tanks for us both (but that's a few months away) as he will only have the KLE 500 for a bit and has made a fibreglass external fuel tank we have extra fuel capacity there

·
Dirt Wizard
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The old guy does plan to make alloy long range tanks for us both (but that's a few months away) as he will only have the KLE 500 for a bit and has made a fibreglass external fuel tank we have extra fuel capacity there

Well that's good, I will just siphon fuel from you guys

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
Do it in the dirt

Good to hear dirt bikes are being used correctly and not putting those silly street tires on them and riding them on pavement. Good on you nice folks for riding your bikes as they were intended. :wink2:

·
Registered
952 Posts
@Spartacus

Off-road is FUN! The purple machine has been out, handled brilliant both on tarmac and in the dirt.

ew! Don't you get all dirty and sweaty and stuff? Nope ... yer NOT having fun and that's that.
Great pic tho ... keep that part going, we all like to see local terrain.

·
Registered
265 Posts
ew! Don't you get all dirty and sweaty and stuff? Nope ... yer NOT having fun and that's that.

Great pic tho ... keep that part going, we all like to see local terrain.
It's Australia, you get sweaty on tarmac too lol the dirt only happens if you come off

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
Dirt bike rules of engagement

If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't riding it right. 80s vintage before and after mud race. Check out the drum brakes.....not much more than a decoration on the bike once they got wet. We rode em like men back then.
Shop cat was one of many adopted friends that found a home in my shop.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 94 Posts