KTM Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kind of split on what bike I want. I know i want the lc4 engine but i am choosing between the smc and the enduro 690. since they are very similar i wonder if you can interchange parts to make a smc like an enduro and vice versa. I also am kind of curious if ktm will make the duke parts interchangeable as well. I really want to put a duke headlight housing on an enduro that would be wicked!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same choice to make...

I had the same choice to make, and I choose the SMC - I really wanted the big front brake setup for racing. I have ordered a set of off road rims but I will have to run the 320mm disc and just be careful in the rocks. The other hassle may be the motard front fender - it may be too short and not stop the mud and water.
The SMC forks are not leading axle like the enduro but I am hoping the geometery won't be too much problem.
I think if I was only using the bike to comute or the occasional road ride I would have brought the Enduro and a set of road rims or even just put a set of dual purpose tyres on the standard rims.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts