KTM Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , got a 2018 sdr ,which as developed a crack on dashboard nothing as hit it ,just from riding? New units are so expensive does anyone know if its possible to repair like they do windscreens maybe ? .thanks

·
Registered
'16 SDGT, et al
758 Posts
That's a terrible thing to happen! Wonder if collision/comprehensive insurance would cover it? I'm betting the repair or replacement cost would be far in excess of most deductibles.

Hope I'm wrong, and it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,206 Posts
Hi , got a 2018 sdr ,which as developed a crack on dashboard nothing as hit it ,just from riding? New units are so expensive does anyone know if its possible to repair like they do windscreens maybe ? .thanks
That’s unfortunate…

Would you post a pic? Is the clear plastic lens/cover cracked or the actual TFT?

·
Registered
901 Posts
That looks like a stress fracture. In my searching it seems the only repair is full replacement....so faced with that why not try to carefully remove that screen and replace with something aftermarket? I bet once the screen is out (its glued in), you could muster a template and have someone either cut from acrylic or even tempered glass. The tech is there now and may be a fun thing to try? I know MANY are dealing with this so it could be the savior if you figured out a solution. I'd even go a tad thicker and with a more pliable acrylic. I dunno...just a thought

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks like a stress fracture. In my searching it seems the only repair is full replacement....so faced with that why not try to carefully remove that screen and replace with something aftermarket? I bet once the screen is out (its glued in), you could muster a template and have someone either cut from acrylic or even tempered glass. The tech is there now and may be a fun thing to try? I know MANY are dealing with this so it could be the savior if you figured out a solution. I'd even go a tad thicker and with a more pliable acrylic. I dunno...just a thought
Thanks, certainly will be cheaper than buying new unit ,will do some searching.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts