KTM Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Hello! New here on this Forum. But I'll just get it out and say it. I'm being tortured. I bought my KTM 950 SM several weeks back now and have not been able to ride it yet. Rain, it sucks and I hate riding in it. Never have, never will, moving on. I must say I'm quite pleased with it already though. It's my first KTM and my first mutant machine. Been riding for 15 years now, mostly on 600 and 1000s of varying types.

Then I lowsided my ZX 10R at 70mph in a corner at full lean. I was working too hard and playing too hard and was told to sit the hell down. I broke my ankle (two screws), wrist (4 pins) and foot (cast). Bad day. Was in the hospital for 4 days and pretty much bed-ridden for 4 months. All healed up now and am lookin to ride again. Ankle still provides abundant amounts of pain, but moving on again. My 06 KTM 950 SM in orange of course is a beauty. I got her used from Scurderia in San Francisco. Nice people. I love twins, they are by far (in my opinion) the must fun bikes to ride out there. The finish, attention to detail and style have me lovin it. Anyway, on to the forum! :D

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Welcome!

take care of yourself, mister! Don't put thyself at a "disadvantage" in these tough times. One never knows when you may have to "move fast"... without the cool bike! Man ,I wanna ride one of those! I must not be hangin' with the right people...I took the conservative route, and sold my 690SM a couple of months back.I still have a 450 SM bike to ride on the track, but one for the street would sure be nice. Spring time,and better weather is on the way. Glad to have you on board! Is your 950 stock, or have you made any mods, or upgrades ? Please keep us posted, these boards, as you know, are a great source of info for us all... go easy on that ankle, let it heal up good...enjoy the katoom!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 950 SM has very few mods, a Renazco custom seat....so nice, axle sliders front and rear and that's about it. Need pipes eventually, but not a big deal to me. Bike sounds nice the way it is. I've heard they get hot though. Will have to see when summer comes around. ....and just to be clear it'll probably be a few more weeks till I can ride. I went to Tahoe this last weekend and went sledding (yes sledding). Didn't hurt the ankle, but I did bruise my tailbone on a rock (ouch). Sitting hurts! lol.

I've been taking it very easy and am feeling pretty darn good. I'll be using this bike for some commuting as riding a bike into SF everyday is CHEAP compared to driving in and parking....blah blah.

RUBBER SIDE DOWN! :eek:

·
Premium Member
14,812 Posts
Cheers musicman!

Get on that horse if you fall off, just don't go nuts.:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts