KTM Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I know I’m not the only guy in the boat here.
My new d790 makes me happier then ever, the bike is surprisingly comfortable on the long trips. But one thing I think every d790 owner would love is the cruise control. I mean please ktm you literally almost gave us all the ride assistance we can have, can you please add the ability to add cruise control into our bikes!
I’m thinking we should start a petition?. It can’t be difficult to add it with the next software upgrade.
Cheers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is it software upgrade or hardware upgrade?

I believe the screen has ability to show it but there needs to be a hardware that works with the ECU to work.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it software upgrade or hardware upgrade?

I believe the screen has ability to show it but there needs to be a hardware that works with the ECU to work.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Yeah, they could add it as a power-parts accessory, for us to buy. Doesn't the SPD have one?

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for KTM to come up with a cruise for the 790, their history with other models is zero cruise additions.

The only companies that will produce something are either Powercell in the USA or MCCruise in Australia

http://www.powercellperformance.com/shop/adventure-1190/ap900-electronic-cruise-control-ktm-10501290/

https://www.mccruise.com/blogs/news/mad-may-sale-get-your-ktm1190-1090-adventure-r-mccruise-today
Thank you very much for this info:smile2:, if anyone has or will have any experience with this aftermarket CC please give a small review:yes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was looking into this and chatting with my local dealer. There's the 790 Duke and ADV. The ADV you notice has the powerparts option to add cruise control to the bike (under software and electronics tab, you can see it as an option) and in theory both bikes will have the same ECU/Harness. Once there's a 790 at the dealer, we'll be looking for the plug and see if there's an option in the menu on the diagnostic tablet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's better to use McCruise than the bosh system anyway ; i have used the KTM (Bosch) cc on the 1290 and i have now fitted an Aussie McCruise to my 1190R for the last 6 months. i found the biggest advantage of the after market system is it has no limits and can be used in any gear at any speed - i like using it for drone-follow which has to be low speed for drone collision avoidance and i need my right hand to alter the pilots cyclic control ; i also use it for licence protection when entering towns (very useful it should be called licence saver) ; and for filming with my selfie stick where i take my right hand off the throttle while riding and ride with my left. The Bosch system requires 40kph and 4th gear and also is sensitive to throttle inputs to cutoff - whereas the McCruise has none of these limits. I even use McCruise on unsealed roads (for filming) and was surprised how well it works in first or second gear or for boring highway sections too at 110kph.

don't waste your time with ktm as they wont listen to customers - rather petition McCruise - should not be too hard for them as they already cracked the 1190 canbus codes

·
Registered
529 Posts
It's better to use McCruise than the bosh system anyway ; i have used the KTM (Bosch) cc on the 1290 and i have now fitted an Aussie McCruise to my 1190R for the last 6 months. i found the biggest advantage of the after market system is it has no limits and can be used in any gear at any speed - i like using it for drone-follow which has to be low speed for drone collision avoidance and i need my right hand to alter the pilots cyclic control ; i also use it for licence protection when entering towns (very useful it should be called licence saver) ; and for filming with my selfie stick where i take my right hand off the throttle while riding and ride with my left. The Bosch system requires 40kph and 4th gear and also is sensitive to throttle inputs to cutoff - whereas the McCruise has none of these limits. I even use McCruise on unsealed roads (for filming) and was surprised how well it works in first or second gear or for boring highway sections too at 110kph.

don't waste your time with ktm as they wont listen to customers - rather petition McCruise - should not be too hard for them as they already cracked the 1190 canbus codes
I looked there web site is not very helpful
have you got a picture fitted you would not mind sharing with us?

·
Registered
8 Posts

mine looks like all the other images for KTM McCruise on google images. 3 buttons - the rest is hidden. I placed the unit under the right rear cover as i use my boot for tools. Install took me 4 hours as i had to remove the fual tank and all panels - but was pretty easy - about 8 plugs. Was pretty much plug and play with no wheel hall sensor needed as it accesses the speed from the KTM canbus data.

·
Registered
529 Posts

mine looks like all the other images for KTM McCruise on google images. 3 buttons - the rest is hidden. I placed the unit under the right rear cover as i use my boot for tools. Install took me 4 hours as i had to remove the fual tank and all panels - but was pretty easy - about 8 plugs. Was pretty much plug and play with no wheel hall sensor needed as it accesses the speed from the KTM canbus data.
ok thanks for picture

·
Registered
38 Posts
Right now, only the 790 Adventure and 790 Adventure R have the ability to upgrade to factory cruise control for an $85 part and some time in the shop to unlock this feature in software. I agree with you, the Duke would be awesome with factory cruise. Right now the closest thing to Cruise is a throttle lock made by a company in Australia.

https://usa.kaoko.com/KTMAD100-Throttle-Stabilizer KTM Duke 790 specific. $141

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Guys all I have is a mechanical cruise control for a Honda No wires Fits by throttle and adjusts to put drag on it or keep on when you let go Simple mechanical device that install in minutes. I got it at J&P cycles. [1290 ]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts