KTM Forums banner

1141 - 1158 of 1158 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Took a quick spin up to Beechmont yesterday, cappuccino in the sun watching hang gliders float around before zooming back down the hill, could be my last ride in a while, back into hospital soon, hopefully come out smiling soon afterwards lol, ready for another rev on the baby...
Parked next to a very nice 1290, anyone we know? So glad I've never test ridden one of them, would be detrimental to my wallet for sure!!!
But, another brilliant short ride in the sunshine, as usual 🙂

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sunday was a great day for it. Not too cold.
Took a quick spin up to Beechmont yesterday, cappuccino in the sun watching hang gliders float around before zooming back down the hill, could be my last ride in a while, back into hospital soon, hopefully come out smiling soon afterwards lol, ready for another rev on the baby...
Parked next to a very nice 1290, anyone we know? So glad I've never test ridden one of them, would be detrimental to my wallet for sure!!!
But, another brilliant short ride in the sunshine, as usual 🙂

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
My beloved 690 got stolen at 4.22 PM (daylight) this past Sunday in Lyndhurst NJ - the stupid ****s got their plate on camera and we will see what happens....almost 25k on that bike and I was just getting fast! Some trackday eye candy below, as well as my craigslist post. I had no plans to get another bike....I wanted to see how many miles I could rack up. I had 5 trackdays left this season as well since I got my membership. Keep an eye out NJ fellas! My friends 690 supermoto got stolen in edge water NJ last week, as well as another 2019 690 enduro in Brooklyn a day before mine. A real 690 heist in the NYC tristate area....

I want a 790 but way too expensive as they are new. I would like to buy used on craigslist but the deal breaker for me will be if the valves are easy to do. The 690 was the bike I learned to do valves and rockers on, and it was so easy and inspiring! I LOVED MY 690. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/d/lyndhurst-ktm-duke-690-stolen-reward/6944707071.html

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts

Got a decal set from Ricky Ricardo. Thanks dude.
I will say, its not as easy as peel and stick. I had to do a lot of trimming and heating to get the stickers to mould to the curves of the bike.
I actually cut the KTM REDBULL tank sticker in half, which made things a lot easier, and I screwed up the subframe stickers a bit.
But im very happy with the finished product.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I will say, its not as easy as peel and stick. I had to do a lot of trimming and heating to get the stickers to mould to the curves of the bike.
I actually cut the KTM REDBULL tank sticker in half, which made things a lot easier, and I screwed up the subframe stickers a bit.
I found the trick to decal kits for the big pieces is to flip the decal over and take an exacto knife to cut off a 2" piece wide of the backing (don't cut too deep or you'll slice your new decal) from the middle of the decal (top to bottom if that makes sense). Then you can position the decal onto where you're applying and shimmy it around until you have it where you like it - then just pull the left and right side off and voila she's golden pony boy ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I found the trick to decal kits for the big pieces is to flip the decal over and take an exacto knife to cut off a 2" piece wide of the backing (don't cut too deep or you'll slice your new decal) from the middle of the decal (top to bottom if that makes sense). Then you can position the decal onto where you're applying and shimmy it around until you have it where you like it - then just pull the left and right side off and voila she's golden pony boy ;)
Thanks for the advice mate.
I did actually do that on some of them. Worked a treat. 😃(y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
View attachment 92023

Nice!

·
Registered
65 Posts
View attachment 92023

Its normal for custom decals. Thanks for your feedback.

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Funny how my journey with KTM started in 2013 with a new fully kitted Duke 690 (Duke 690 re introduced to North America given a hiatus). Absolutely loved the bike coming from a few Ducatis (S2R1000 being the latest). The 690 was like when you were a kid and got your first decent mountain bike !
So light and easy to do everything!

I would have loved to keep it as I had Set up perfectly for my needs however I have a significant other who wouldn’t support me having more than one bike...

That said I decided to part with my 690 based on a great deal on a new 2018 SDR.

Still evolving it with Rottweiler dongles, custom carbon akra slip on, heated grips, hand/wind gaurds, removable/lovable top case ...

The SDR is so familiar coming off the 690 however a little more top heavy at low speed maneuvers - all forgotten when you twist the throttle and feel that monstrous torque...

Don’t know why they call it the “Beast” as it’s incredibly docile with that super fat torque down low.

5D7BD0FE-B30A-431D-AFEC-31A97CBA04B5.jpeg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Funny how my journey with KTM started in 2013 with a new fully kitted Duke 690 (Duke 690 re introduced to North America given a hiatus). Absolutely loved the bike coming from a few Ducatis (S2R1000 being the latest). The 690 was like when you were a kid and got your first decent mountain bike !
So light and easy to do everything!

I would have loved to keep it as I had Set up perfectly for my needs however I have a significant other who wouldn’t support me having more than one bike...

That said I decided to part with my 690 based on a great deal on a new 2018 SDR.

Still evolving it with Rottweiler dongles, custom carbon akra slip on, heated grips, hand/wind gaurds, removable/lovable top case ...

The SDR is so familiar coming off the 690 however a little more top heavy at low speed maneuvers - all forgotten when you twist the throttle and feel that monstrous torque...

Don’t know why they call it the “Beast” as it’s incredibly docile with that super fat torque down low.

View attachment 92260
Nice bikes! What tail pack is that? Where did you purchase that Akra Pipe/Mid-pipe for the 690? Did you have it re-mapped?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Re:690
It’s a ktm powerparts expandable 13L bag that I adapted to mount on the rear seat.

Full Akra Exhaust from the powerparts as well with cam , air box - had the dealer install the akra map.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Here is the thread we’re i detailed how I did this modification:

1141 - 1158 of 1158 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
227 Participants
2cati
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing