KTM Forums banner

1161 - 1177 of 1177 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Haven't posted in a few weeks, but brought the duke on the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride, and then loaded up with a few bare essentials, and rode from Des Moines, Iowa to Madeline Island on Lake Superior. All highway and dirt rodes for a 1300 mile trip.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As long as the wife is blocked from this site....
Andreani cartridge front/Nitron rear
GPR full system (had a Werkes but didn't work with belly pan)
Scott stabilizer
ABS delete & ECU flash
DNA Stage 1/2 filters - looking to get a light subframe built & switch to a pod filter to let her breathe a little better
KTM belly pan/DB Holders fairing stay (homemade attachment to frame) + carbon Aprilia RSV4 front fairing (modified to no interfere with clipons)
Sato rearsets
Have Dymag carbon wheels with Galfer rotors, but ran the stock wheels & gearing in the rain
Think that's about it
Would like to get a little more power out of her to be able to top end with the SV650s a little better
She's a blast to ride and easy on the tires
Anybody knows somebody who could fab a subframe let me know
Also looking at maybe getting a smaller fuel tank made...

·
Super Moderator
1,930 Posts
As long as the wife is blocked from this site....
Andreani cartridge front/Nitron rear
GPR full system (had a Werkes but didn't work with belly pan)
Scott stabilizer
ABS delete & ECU flash
DNA Stage 1/2 filters - looking to get a light subframe built & switch to a pod filter to let her breathe a little better
KTM belly pan/DB Holders fairing stay (homemade attachment to frame) + carbon Aprilia RSV4 front fairing (modified to no interfere with clipons)
Sato rearsets
Have Dymag carbon wheels with Galfer rotors, but ran the stock wheels & gearing in the rain
Think that's about it
Would like to get a little more power out of her to be able to top end with the SV650s a little better
She's a blast to ride and easy on the tires
Anybody knows somebody who could fab a subframe let me know
Also looking at maybe getting a smaller fuel tank made...
Nothing done on the fuelling with all the extra air ?

How are you finding the Andreanni kit ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nothing done on the fuelling with all the extra air ?

How are you finding the Andreanni kit ?
TBH - not sure that she's really getting any more air than stock - at least at speed. Will probably look into if I strip the airbox off an put on a pod filter.
What seems to have worked best for most people?

Andreanni kit is great (and affordable), mainly for the adjustability. Dave Behrend (Fast Bike Industries, Hendersonville, NC) installed both it and the Nitron shock & set up for me last winter - he's awesome btw, would recommend to anyone who is within reasonable distance (also set up my endurance bike...perfectly I might add).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh yeah - important thing/upgrade I forgot to mention. After about a year of tracking, front brake caliper was shot - would fade out completely within a couple laps at a track with any heavy braking turns (VIR North, Summit Main)...so replaced caliper with a Brembo M50 (same as on my RSV4)...was going to swap out the MC if needed to, but have had zero issues with the stock MC and that caliper...would definitely suggest as an upgrade...that paired with the Ferodo ZRAC pads work great

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
What seems to have worked best for most people?
Kev's 02 mod, Booster Plug, Power Commander V

I went straight to the PC5 and seemed to work well although it's a cookie cutter map (Arrow straight exhaust no cat) so my mileage took a huge dump (much higher elevation here) but other than that it's great. Dyno tune one day and it'll be peachy.

Cool bike you got there and great to see it on a track!

1161 - 1177 of 1177 Posts