KTM Forums banner

1221 - 1240 of 1241 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Franklin Street Chapel Hill, NC
View attachment 96011
Not sure if you’re into group rides but thought I’d mention a group if your are.

Joined this group a while back and have enjoyed riding with them:
www.meetup.com/epicrides

It fits me perfectly, mature minded sport bike and sport touring riders.
We like to ride “spirited” but stick to back country roads with less population density.
And ride with safety in mind (probably a relative term).
Don’t take excessive risks around traffic (we pass when clear but no weaving a group in and out and through traffic, mostly on 2 lane roads anyway).
And stop at turns, if needed, to allow the group to stay together so as to not pressure less experienced riders to ride above their skill level for fear of being left behind.
He limits each ride to 10 bikes max, just to make it manageable to keep the group together.

The organizer of the group is a great guy who has been riding most of his life.
He is very familiar with the roads surrounding the Triangle area and has some great routes for the area that he takes us on.
They also try to do a couple weekend trips to the mountains each year.
Also have done trips to VIR races, CSS, and local motorcycle events.

Pics from a recent ride:
F7A95721-E490-4D9F-9A16-F52858E3C24A.jpeg
CFCE7455-8C92-475F-A946-605352C95D95.jpeg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not sure if you’re into group rides but thought I’d mention a group if your are.

Joined this group a while back and have enjoyed riding with them:
www.meetup.com/epicrides

It fits me perfectly, mature minded sport bike and sport touring riders.
We like to ride “spirited” but stick to back country roads with less population density.
And ride with safety in mind (probably a relative term).
Don’t take excessive risks around traffic (we pass when clear but no weaving a group in and out and through traffic, mostly on 2 lane roads anyway).
And stop at turns, if needed, to allow the group to stay together so as to not pressure less experienced riders to ride above their skill level for fear of being left behind.
He limits each ride to 10 bikes max, just to make it manageable to keep the group together.

The organizer of the group is a great guy who has been riding most of his life.
He is very familiar with the roads surrounding the Triangle area and has some great routes for the area that he takes us on.
They also try to do a couple weekend trips to the mountains each year.
Also have done trips to VIR races, CSS, and local motorcycle events.

Pics from a recent ride: View attachment 96019 View attachment 96020
so you all are from NC? I RIDE around Robinsville NC and all the fun roads around. I'm from SD but travel twice yearly to ride. My Duke is a blast.

·
Registered
310 Posts
so you all are from NC? I RIDE around Robinsville NC and all the fun roads around. I'm from SD but travel twice yearly to ride. My Duke is a blast. View attachment 96023
I’m from the Raleigh area so 5+ hours from the NC/TN border.

I don’t own a Duke.
Had a SDGT previously but now on an MT-10.
Just noticed CaptainCalf’s picture was in Chapel Hill, so thought I’d mention the riding group in case it was something he might be interested in.

The roads around here aren’t as good as the mountains.
But there are some pretty good routes out in the countryside that Keith (riding group organizer) knows and takes us on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Installed a Powertronic quick shifter last night! It's incredible as expected. 🚀🎯🦄🧻

Full throttle upshifts is what I've been missing in my life, I just didn't know it. What a little beast!

390 Success Formula:
Powertronic ECU
Powertronic Quickshifter
BMC air filter
Coober airbox lid
Decat
Remove baffle from stock can
Double H sintered brake pads

·
Registered
76 Posts
Installed a Powertronic quick shifter last night! It's incredible as expected. 🚀🎯🦄🧻

Full throttle upshifts is what I've been missing in my life, I just didn't know it. What a little beast!

390 Success Formula:
Powertronic ECU
Powertronic Quickshifter
BMC air filter
Coober airbox lid
Decat
Remove baffle from stock can
Double H sintered brake pads

View attachment 96353

Just cleaning,getting ready for a week in the Black Hills of SD. IRON MT RD.

·
Registered
76 Posts
  • I had high expectations and hopes for the Duke 790.
  • Basically I wanted a Duke 690 type light weight tool with the Husqvarna Nuda 900 engine.
  • Prototype looked awesome.
  • The actual bike...
  • Too heavy and down on torque.
  • Also the budget suspension and mediocre brakes failed to impress.
  • The 890R is much more like the bike the 790 should have been.
  • I love my Duke 690 R.
  • The only thing I'd want is bit more power and pull for track days and those few spirited rides with friends and Cannonball Bike Runs.
  • I'm 6'5 and the riding position is definitely not cramped on the 790 or 890 so bit surprised you'd think so.
  • A newbike is not in the budget this year thou and this Covid shut down definitely does not help
  • So I'll get to put more miles on the 690 R
You want more power, try coober ecu I put on my 690 and a huge amount of power,love it🏁🇺🇸

1221 - 1240 of 1241 Posts