KTM Forums banner
1321 - 1332 of 1332 Posts

·
Registered
2018 KTM Duke 690
6 Posts
Hey, yeah it's definitely fun!
Like riding a mountain bike with a big motor between your legs lol.
It's at the dealer now for the clutch slave recall as mine blew and I lost clutch control.
This is the stuff that I'll have don't to it once all the parts come in...

List of mods:
Akrapovic Slip-on (on order)
Nitron TVT22 Front Cartridges (on order)
Nitron NTR-R3 Rear Suspension (on order)
Kev's O2 controller (on order)
Oberon slave cylinder ✔
Gear reduction F-15(-1)/R-45(+5) setup✔
Ktm Power Parts Ergo rider/passenger seats✔
Bar end mirrors✔
Ktm hand guards✔
Ktm heated hand grips✔
Shorty adjustable levers✔
LED headlight bulb✔
Ktm engine guard✔
Ktm Kickstand plate✔
Rear swing arm spools✔
Tidy-tail fender eliminator✔
Ktm license plate holder✔
Quadlock wireless phone charger mount with vibration dampener✔
Usb charging port✔
KTM Tank Bag (on order)
KTM Pillion Bag (on order)

·
Registered
Duke 690 2013. Full akra, dna , Bsd custom map and some blingy stuff
306 Posts
Hey, yeah it's definitely fun!
Like riding a mountain bike with a big motor between your legs lol.
It's at the dealer now for the clutch slave recall as mine blew and I lost clutch control.
This is the stuff that I'll have don't to it once all the parts come in...

List of mods:
Akrapovic Slip-on (on order)
Nitron TVT22 Front Cartridges (on order)
Nitron NTR-R3 Rear Suspension (on order)
Kev's O2 controller (on order)
Oberon slave cylinder ✔
Gear reduction F-15(-1)/R-45(+5) setup✔
Ktm Power Parts Ergo rider/passenger seats✔
Bar end mirrors✔
Ktm hand guards✔
Ktm heated hand grips✔
Shorty adjustable levers✔
LED headlight bulb✔
Ktm engine guard✔
Ktm Kickstand plate✔
Rear swing arm spools✔
Tidy-tail fender eliminator✔
Ktm license plate holder✔
Quadlock wireless phone charger mount with vibration dampener✔
Usb charging port✔
KTM Tank Bag (on order)
KTM Pillion Bag (on order)
Ill be really interested to see how you get on with the Nitron fork inserts. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2018 KTM Duke 690
6 Posts
I mean how the bike rides after they’re fitted. I’ve been thinking about getting a set but haven’t found anyone who’s tried them yet.
Gotcha, I'll do a full write up from install to how it rides once they come in. Should be about 2 more weeks to go.
I talked extensively with FBI (Fast Bike Industries) and we came up with what we felt was the best option for what I'm looking to do with the bike (Commuter/aggressive street riding).
Excited to see how much it improves the ride!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here is a photo of my 2012 KTM 690; however, something else is different, do you know? (Hint: it has something to do with the year of the bike) Take a guess and post it below.

Updated 19 July 2022: Well, no one took a guess, so here's the answer. It's a 2012 KTM 690 Duke European Cup track-only bike. It was used during the European Junior Cup race series. This is the only one in Japan. I was also told there is only one more, and it's in the KTM museum, but I cannot confirm that. The previous owner is the main distributor of Icon Motorsport products in Japan.

Reactions: IDTrav

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my first KTM after 10years without a bike.

2008 Duke 690, so much fun. Kinda rough but im gettind used to it. This bike wants to be ridden at the limit all the time.

I made this windscreen/mask because i ride highway to work and wanted it to be a bit smoother. It works better than i imagined, and it doesnt look so bad - atleast for my eyes. Cheers from Finland!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My son's Duke 200 ....

I bought a used 2021 Duke 200 in white with 7800 miles for my son last month for $2,625 cash. The bike was a daily commuter in excellent cosmetic condition but needed some mechanical repairs: Certain LCD display functions and LCD backlight did not work. The entire LCD instrument cluster is being replaced by KTM under warranty next Tuesday (the bike still is under full factory warranty until September 2023), rear footpegs were gone, the front left turn signal glass was broken and the handlebar/clutch lever were bent from dropping it. Not a crash but just a drop. Also, the clutch was slipping under full power (the clutch pack was way under spec due to worn friction disks). I installed a clutch friction disk kit from India for $45 yesterday ... the steel disks were still fine .... it's really super easy to do ... took me about an hour taking my time and micrometering all the parts ... and now it is as good as new. He loves riding it and it is now all gone through and repaired, running like new. I think despite the repairs I had to make (I fixed it all myself for approx. $150 and the instrument cluster will be taken care of by KTM) it was a really great deal.

1321 - 1332 of 1332 Posts