KTM Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just got a '16 Duke 690. Yes, love the bike, tons of fun. The bike came with both stock and ergo powerparts seat. While I can last a little longer on the ergo seat, I still start getting monkey butt in less than 1 hr of spirited riding. I'm 6'2 & 235 lbs. Its mainly under each cheek that goes numb. The previous gen '15 ergo unit looks completely different. Would that fit my '16? Is it comfy for long rides? Any other seats anyone here is happy with? I had a Rusell Daylong on my Triumph Tiger 1050, the most comfortable seat I've ever experienced. Don't really want that for the 690 as its like a large sofa

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Love my Powerparts seat and have zero issues with comfort but am also only 5'11 and 170 lbs so not sure if that makes a big difference on the arse.

Taboo suggestion but i'll say it as I'm dealing with the same issue on my dirtbike after going to a more aggressive seat that's not plush at all... riding shorts? Triple 8 makes padded shorts, there's cyclist shorts with the gel a$$ cheeks, Troy Lee & Fox probably make a pair too.

You can get really crafty and take it to a seat upholstery place or try contacting Seat Concepts as they make high end seats for the dirt bikes but then you're getting into serious money on something that you may not have to and can spend on performance parts for the bike ;)

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok, just got a '16 Duke 690. Yes, love the bike, tons of fun. The bike came with both stock and ergo powerparts seat. While I can last a little longer on the ergo seat, I still start getting monkey butt in less than 1 hr of spirited riding. I'm 6'2 & 235 lbs. Its mainly under each cheek that goes numb. The previous gen '15 ergo unit looks completely different. Would that fit my '16? Is it comfy for long rides? Any other seats anyone here is happy with? I had a Rusell Daylong on my Triumph Tiger 1050, the most comfortable seat I've ever experienced. Don't really want that for the 690 as its like a large sofa
The earlier generation Ergo seat fits the 18, but you have to use the matching rear section as well- you can't "mix" them. I'm 5'9" and 220, and quite "broad in the beam" and I find it very comfortable for 3 or 4 hours. I've thought of having the stock seat redone as a custom but I doubt it would be much better without going to a larger bucket shape like the Russell.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
She's a beauty alright! Thanks for indulging me Mike :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
JK202
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing