KTM Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 KTM Duke 200
14 Posts
I just threw out my comparison sheet I had from the dealers I was talking to. I'm in TN, but close enough to AL with work in GA near a couple dealers, so I had prices from all over. My lowest I think was in the $4800 range, and my highest was $5900ish. Out the door, the one I ended up with was in the $5100 range, delivered to my house.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just threw out my comparison sheet I had from the dealers I was talking to. I'm in TN, but close enough to AL with work in GA near a couple dealers, so I had prices from all over. My lowest I think was in the $4800 range, and my highest was $5900ish. Out the door, the one I ended up with was in the $5100 range, delivered to my house.
If you don’t mind. What did they charge you do freight and prep. I got a quote for around $5900 which I feel is too high. The bike is $4099 and I figured freight and prep should be around $500

·
Registered
2022 KTM Duke 200
14 Posts
Freight and prep were around $500ish, and my price on the bike was somewhere around $3900. There was also my tag fee, which is like $50, and then tax. $5900 was the highest I had near me and that was one dealer. They didn't move as many of them so some of their fees were higher. There is a place in GA near one of my offices that had no freight and setup fees, and they were awesome on the phone. I almost went with them because they came in under $5000 and were super nice to talk to, but I would have waited until my next office trip, and the extra cost I paid to the dealer I bought from was basically the offset of what a trailer, time, and gas would have been, so I went more local.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Freight and prep were around $500ish, and my price on the bike was somewhere around $3900. There was also my tag fee, which is like $50, and then tax. $5900 was the highest I had near me and that was one dealer. They didn't move as many of them so some of their fees were higher. There is a place in GA near one of my offices that had no freight and setup fees, and they were awesome on the phone. I almost went with them because they came in under $5000 and were super nice to talk to, but I would have waited until my next office trip, and the extra cost I paid to the dealer I bought from was basically the offset of what a trailer, time, and gas would have been, so I went more local.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a used 2021 Duke 200 in white with 7800 miles for my son last month for $2,625 cash. The bike was a daily commuter in excellent cosmetic condition but needed some mechanical repairs: Certain LCD display functions and LCD backlight did not work. The entire LCD instrument cluster is being replaced by KTM under warranty next Tuesday (the bike still is under full factory warranty until September 2023), rear footpegs were gone, the front left turn signal glass was broken and the handlebar/clutch lever were bent from dropping it. Not a crash but just a drop. Also, the clutch was slipping under full power (the clutch pack was way under spec due to worn friction disks). I installed a clutch friction disk kit from India for $45 yesterday ... the steel disks were still fine .... it's really super easy to do ... took me about an hour taking my time and micrometering all the parts ... and now it is as good as new. He loves riding it and it is now all gone through and repaired, running like new. I think despite the repairs I had to make (I fixed it all myself for approx. $150 and the instrument cluster will be taken care of by KTM) it was a really great deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did anyone notice that today on the KTM US website. The Duke 200 is no longer listed?
Yep. The 390 DUke is gone too. Just changed this week after they had 2021, 2022 and 2023 model year bikes all listed there. There is a new 250 Duke and updated 200 and 390 DUkes launching in India this month. I assume these models will eventually be listed as 2023 when KTM is ready.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep. The 390 DUke is gone too. Just changed this week after they had 2021, 2022 and 2023 model year bikes all listed there. There is a new 250 Duke and updated 200 and 390 DUkes launching in India this month. I assume these models will eventually be listed as 2023 when KTM is ready.
I may be bringing a 200 home. A 250 would be better but I already have a RC8R and SDGT so I will take a 200

·
Registered
13 Posts
I may be bringing a 200 home. A 250 would be better but I already have a RC8R and SDGT so I will take a 200
Honestly ... I bought the 200 since my son is starting riding from scratch and I wanted something that can't get away from him, but it is a very slow bike and he will soon upgrade to a 390. I cannot fathom how people buy a 125 and are happy with it. I think the 390 is the best all-around option for a beginner bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts