KTM Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
I have a problem with my bike since I have it. I took the bike to the dealership service so many times for more than one year, but the problem still exist.
The problem is that "Sometimes the engine stalls at the moment when I press the clutch”
Here is a video which I recorded.

I'm wondering how many people has this problem as I think this problem may carry a risk for my health and life. Regarding my research in internet I sow this is well know problem for KTM, but it still unresolved for some of the many people with this problem who learn how to leave with it. Тhis neglect of the problem is unacceptable to me.

Till now the dealership service said they did all the instruction given by KTM:
2018 year: - They clean throttle body and checked and clean spark plugs.
2019 year: - They checked and clean again the throttle body and clean spark plugs.
- They changed:
-air filter
-injection
-spark plug
-fuel filter
-checked valves
- Changed spark plug again and made a cylinder leak test

But all this doesn't help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had that problem first six months. I started to use a better fuel. Living in Puerto Rico some of the gas gets contaminated. Started using Shell Premium and haven't had the problem since. Look at some YouTube videos on fuel and octane. Shell adds more additives to there fuel to burn cleaner. Could be coincidence or not.
Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Тhe problem here is not the fuel, I also drove with high octane gasoline. I had this problem rarely it was happening on average 500 - 600 km. In days when I drove over 300 km especially on roads which has turns, It always happened at least once.
But I have already replaced the motorcycle with another brand and this problem is no longer mine.
I was left with a very bad impression of KTM and It was the first and last time I bought anything with that brand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you press clutch but do you let the trhottle off?
Can you hold 4000rpm if clutch is in`?
Yes, of course I let the throttle off I didn't ride for a first time.
I understand what is your point about 4000rpm, but I can show you a lot of videos, when i did some tests, and this doesn't happens even when it's close to 3000rpm. As I wrote above, this rarely happened and only happened when I was slowing down and wanted to engage a lower gear.
It isn't normal behavior of the bike.

·
Full Throttle
6,221 Posts
im just trying to understand if its the zero throttle stall.
ok so the 2013to15 690 had this.
It turns out its a combination of parts problem, with bikes never seeing any problem snd other bikes just so much problem the user sells it and never buys ktm again.
rapid bike evo solves your problems now and also the future ones.

its like the idle is running off fumes and if theres some little problem that adds just a touch more air or restricts a minute amount of fuel, it dies.
Like if fuel is low grade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im just trying to understand if its the zero throttle stall.
ok so the 2013to15 690 had this.
It turns out its a combination of parts problem, with bikes never seeing any problem snd other bikes just so much problem the user sells it and never buys ktm again.
rapid bike evo solves your problems now and also the future ones.

its like the idle is running off fumes and if theres some little problem that adds just a touch more air or restricts a minute amount of fuel, it dies.
Like if fuel is low grade.
I will never buy KTM again because I was left with a bad impression from KTM not exactly from the bike, the bike had problems that's okay it happens. But KTM neglected the problem and I waited for more than a year the problem to be resolved by KTM, which in fact did not happen even after all these replaced parts.
I bought a new bike to enjoy the ride, not to worry about if the bike going off at the next turn and whether I'll stay on the road or fall down because the bike went off just before the turn.

I wish everyone good health and good luck, AS I no longer drive KTM I will stop writing on this topic. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts