KTM Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Duke690 2012.
After a cold week with snow started the bike. Took some time, the dashboad was flashing on and off. Then it finally started, but odometer was reset to ZERO!!

• Since then bike had troubles starting
  • Runs on idle for 20 seconds it cuts off all of the sudden.
  • Had to rev it up while riding, otherwise would stall.
  • Finally reached the point when it wouldn't start at all (drained battery.. recharged)

CURRENT STATE:

• Doesn't run. starts and then shuts off.
  • Flashes and reboots sometimes (as if batter has been disconnected and reconnected.. )

WHAT I DID SO FAR:

• Completely took apart fuel system to eliminate this part.
  • Verified the pressure (it's correct 50psi).
  • Verified injector (visually)
  • Verified connectors.
  • Checked fuses
  • Tried to switch maps.
  • Changed fuel
  • Recharged the battery

QUESTIONS:
  • What is it ?
  • Is it possible than ECU is fried ?
  • What could be the origin of odometer reset (looks like all the troubles started from there)
  • Any advices ? (other than going to KTM, waiting for weeks and pay $$$) ?

Thanks
M

·
Registered
370 Posts
:cool: Check your grounds, the ecu like cars uses the neg side for sensors and such, air filter been checked? no nests in the airbox? Did you just get it out of storage ? or have you been useing the bike and it started acting up ,How old is the battery?..

·
Super Moderator
807 Posts
15 minute idle reset is a common trend to trouble shoot these electrical demons.

Your odometer reset too hey? So did mine last year...

·
Registered
704 Posts
:cool: Check your grounds, the ecu like cars uses the neg side for sensors and such, air filter been checked? no nests in the airbox? Did you just get it out of storage ? or have you been useing the bike and it started acting up ,How old is the battery?..
Ditto. Every bike I've seen do this had a bad ground. Somewhere. And I would consider a fresh battery. It's unusual, but not rare, for a battery to go bad long before its time -- a broken plate on a 700 single is not a stretch of the imagination.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts