1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
....yes I am an addicted ex-SV650 addicted modder in withdraw...LOL

..may need an extended rear hugger...

My Old SV will explain....

Ruefus, Pecha, yes, those would be Buell duals on the front of the Duke! try not to laugh too hard....LOL

All Ive done so far is change out the bars on the Duke.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, It was time for a change for me, the opp to buy the Duke just presented itself to me, it was unintentional really, but I had been stalking the Duke subconsciously for a year since first seeing it online. My SV was a GEM of a motorcycle. I had a lot of good riding on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
15T Countershaft Sprocket

I swapped in a 15T countershaft sprocket for the 16T that came on the bike last night. I took the bike for a short/slow ride in the dark (killer deer) after I was done. Bike seems a lot more responsive. I don't feel like I have to slip the clutch at all anymore when taking off. With the 16T it always felt like 1st gear was too high, had to slip the clutch too much. Also 6th gear always felt too high for the backroads. The bike felt like it was below it's powerband when traveling 55~60mph. Haven't had a chance to test 6th yet, but I am expecting a big improvement.

I highly recommend this mod: cheap ($27 Bike Bandit), easy (loosen chain, replace sprocket, tighten chain)

It will lower my top speed by 7~8 mph, but these bikes aren't about top speed anyway. I doubt very much that it will affect my mpg. I often left the bike in 5th instead of going to 6th, but still have been getting 52~55 mpg. My fuel economy may go up! I'll try to remember to check back in when I get some updated mpg numbers.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep I also have done the 15T sprocket, its alot better response. Working on some paiting or coating ideas for the White on my bike. its gotta go!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Painting

I've heard of people just taking a black rattle can to the white parts, but I'm not confident that I could do a good enough job. I was thinking about having the white pieces professionally done in red. My current gear/helmet has a lot of red accents that would set it off. Right now I need to get some $ in the budget before I do anything expensive.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Im thinking Gunmetal or chrome as the accent color for mine.(and maybe some rivets!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts