KTM Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the above sold anymore? Looking to replace rear tire (front is ok) need a replacement that would be compatible with the front Sportsmart 2 tire. Other then getting the original tire( which I can’t seem to locate)
What would be the compatible alternative?

·
Registered
211 Posts
There's a Dunlop sportmax roadsmart 3.
Some other good sport touring tires:
Michelin Pilot Road 5
Bridgestone T32
Pirelli Angel GT

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love my Bridgestone Battlax S22! Much better confidence inspiring traction than my M7RR’s ever gave me. When the rear is worn out I’m putting the S22 on the back.

A friend with the Aprilia Tuono swears by his Micheline Power RS. It’s so sticky that you can put your fingernail into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
51 Posts
I love tyre threads. Nearly as good as oil threads. :)

Oh and my pick is the Bridgestone S21 if still available. Much like the S22 but greater longevity.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I haven't tried the S22 yet but I've run several sets of the S21, great tire.
I'm currently running Metzeler Sporttec M3s 2018 stock my local tire shop had a sale for front and back $300 installed, couldn't pass it up, they still grip well but requires a little bit more oomph to turn in. Dropped the pressures a bit lower and they grip well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Been catching deals on Continental Road Attack II's. Rear lasted 5K miles or so, so I replaced it with an A-spec. The sidewalls are a little stiff, but it's lasting longer.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ll use the dunlop Roadsport 2 for the rear,till the front has to be replaced,then I’ll go Q3’s frt/back

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Next time around, it might be a good time to test the "soft sporty tire in front with a not-so-soft sport-touring skin in the rear" thing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Next time around, it might be a good time to test the "soft sporty tire in front with a not-so-soft sport-touring skin in the rear" thing.
My thoughts exactly. Was going to do an S21 front with a T31 rear this summer. Talked to a Bridgestone rep at the IMS and he advised not to, designed as a set to work together, etc. Think I'm going to anyway.:unsure:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts