KTM Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
382 Posts
Assuming you have oil in the motor and a proper oil pressure gauge, try repeating pressure test with oil filter removed and confirm filter housing is clear. I have seen people forget to remove cleaning rags before.
PS: only short test and if oil is relatively clean.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming you have oil in the motor and a proper oil pressure gauge, try repeating pressure test with oil filter removed and confirm filter housing is clear. I have seen people forget to remove cleaning rags before.
PS: only short test and if oil is relatively clean.
oil light dident go out the other day , oil level was good . i replaced oil filters , cleaned both oil screans and refilled with new Motrex oil , start up , still oil light on..replace oil switch , still light on , then i removed oil switch extention tube from the top of the upper filter houing held a rag over it , started up with my thump on kill switch and no oil coming out..next will be to inspect inside filter like you sujest and see what i find.. i got the bike about 6 months ago with only 456klm on it.. ive changed oil every 500 klm an filters, then 2500 every 1000.only use Metrex.. now 4500klm..just street cruising not threshed ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.