KTM Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David Knight got beat straight up in the final round of AMA EnduroCross competition in Las Vegas - and he's pissed about it!

With $50,000 on the line, Knight needed to win the third and final installment of the Motorcycle Mechanics Institute Triple Crown, but an unknown force of motorcycling talent would derail what has become an Isle of Man freight train. The Manxman ran away with the first two rounds in Denver, CO and Guthrie, OK, and was poised to do it again last night in Nevada. Knighter set the fastest qualifying time during the hot-lap process until an unknown rider from Poland emerged on a KTM 250 2-stroke and blazed the course for an identical time of 46.4 seconds. Taddy Blazusiak isn't entirely unheard of, but the 2007 Erzberg winner only just appeared on the extreme off-road scene. Both riders would be bested by a ridiculously fast Keith Wineland, but the Montesa rider would eventually fail to qualify for the main event.

Source: Motorcycle-USA
Complete Article: Click

-----------------------

I am obviously upset that KTM couldn't come ahead with the win, but there is always other races. From what I have seen of it, it looked like a darn good race. I recommend watching it to everyone!

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Wow!

I was fortunate enough to be in attendance. It was my 1 st event ever of this "new" form of competition.I must say, I only "glanced" at these events ,since their emergence. It was a great show!That statement doesn't do it justice either!I am certain these events will only grow in popularity.It was even a showcase for the trials bikes and their riders!I believe there were at least 3-4 trials competitors in the main!There were a couple of AWD bikes in the event,one of them was a KTM.Christini is producing kits for ORANGE bikes too! Yup, I was looking for an excuse to go to 'Vegas.Where there is apparently an abundance of off-road events.And, yes I dropped in on 2 great KTM dealers there in town , 2 ! in one area! They aren't even 10 miles apart! I may need to spend more time out west!. The '08 EnduroCross opener is coming soon , to LasVegas,Nevada...!

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I'm curious ...

any more speculation on the Knighter's bike launch @ finishline...? I heard KTM gave some vague statement,shortly thereafter...hmmm...$50K ...viva Poland?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts