KTM Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Duke 690 with 3300 miles on it. Was riding for a year with no issues, it's still under warranty.
I was not riding the bike for around 3 weeks, and moved it to another state in a trailer. It was on first gear during move. Should not be a problem, right?
I started it today in the garage in neutral, and after few seconds there was metallic sound, like something dropped inside. After a minute or so, the engine started doing metallic clunking noises and died. It doesn't start anymore. Oil level seems to be fine. Is there anything similar happened to anybody before?

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's currently at a dealer. The tore the whole engine apart, and something fell off near camshaft area (I will need to ask what exactly, maybe the tensioner?), and then made it way down to alternator, and jammed the alternator, destroyed rotor/stator. There was also an issue with the warranty. Original dealer where I bought it, sold me used bike as new, and the warranty ended by the time it happened. So I pressured him with lawyers, and he bought me a 3rd party warranty for 2 years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They said a cam set screw fell down and destroyed rotor/stator and a few other things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts