KTM Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an advice on what I am doing wrong. Bought this bike a month ago. It's winter here so I can't ride it anyway yet. Tried to start it few times and some possible problems are already proved not there:
  • the battery is fine, new battery acts exactly the same.
  • alarm is disarmed
  • gearbox is on neutral
  • clutch is engaged fully
  • side stand folded
Maybe:
- clutch may be seized (can't push the bike on a gear with clutch engaged, but can be pushed on neutral).

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,990 Posts
Still sounds like battery. Put a quick charger on it or attach with jump leads to a car or something. I'd like to see it again with that before making any other decisions.

Also, stick a multimeter on it both before starting and while someone pressing the button. Obviously with the SDR battery position you may need another person to help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what I did. I connected jump start cables to a car and the result was exactly the same. I'm pretty sure I've done it correctly. Brand new cables and cables connections checked twice.

I have another brand new battery, which I could swap and try again but I'm not sure if there is a point. What do you think?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Had the exact same thing with my old R1, twice, and my SV650. Luckily these are an easy fix rather than digging for electrical gremlins. Typical click click click rattling sound when starting is a dead giveaway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts