KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordering the gp1r decat Austin racing exhaust for my super duke r 2019 I’ve rang Ktm and some say I need to put the akra map onto I’ll lose my blinkers and they need to be rewired and others are saying I only need the servo plug and it will be fine anyone done this exhaust and know which is correct thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
gp1r decat Austin racing exhaust
Hey there. Man, this get asked a lot on this forum! You might want a tune but you don't need one. It'll run fine due to the wide range of adaptability within the KTM's ECU. As far as I know, the blinker issue is for the Euro 5 2020 onwards bikes.

·
Registered
121 Posts
From The Austin Racing Website
  • 2017 model onwards and GT will require KTM servo eliminator plug found here
  • GP2R/GP1 with RR tip are the loudest options
  • Please note adding any ceramic coating option to pipework adds 1 additional week to the production lead time
  • YOU MUST RUN THIS EXHAUST WITH SUPPLIED INSERT INSTALLED WITHIN LINK PIPE UNLESS A RE MAP IS CARRIED OUT. FAILURE TO DO SO CAN RESULT IN ENGINE DAMAGE
  • ONCE YOU ARE ABLE TO RE MAP YOU CAN TAKE OUT THE INSERT TO ALLOW HIGH DB LEVELS

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey there. Man, this get asked a lot on this forum! You might want a tune but you don't need one. It'll run fine due to the wide range of adaptability within the KTM's ECU. As far as I know, the blinker issue is for the Euro 5 2020 onwards bikes.
Thanks mate cleared up a few things

·
Registered
153 Posts
  • YOU MUST RUN THIS EXHAUST WITH SUPPLIED INSERT INSTALLED WITHIN LINK PIPE UNLESS A RE MAP IS CARRIED OUT. FAILURE TO DO SO CAN RESULT IN ENGINE DAMAGE
I respect Austin's remarks, and a lot of exhaust companies make similar statements. If decatting without a remap did engine damage we'd be hearing about it a lot more. These bikes adapt very, very well. The best thing you can do to an SDR is leave it all alone, stock as a rock. If you decat, at the least delete the O2. At best, remap the ECU plus a custom PC5 tune. My thinking is along the same lines as this post:

We have had several Dyno sheets posted that all indicate that the stock ECU has the range to run a decat and after market slip on. In other words, no you don’t need to change anything. That said, a reflash will be the very best upgrade you can do to your bike. Remember, anything you have done by your dealer can not alter the EPA mods ( that make your bike run lean, and make your drive by wire give you less then full throttle even though you have the twist grip WOT. I was very happy with Bren tuning and their flash tablet. It’s very costly, but still less then a full system exaust. The flash will make every part of your bike better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts