KTM Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2019 SDGT White
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I went to value home center, local chain. Depot should have it, read the packages. A 6 foot roll (1"wide)was plenty.

·
Registered
2019 SDGT White
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thank you I’m going to go and get exactly that. Do you have any pics of the double sided tape installed on the extender?
Sorry, didn't take pics. I cleaned all surfaces w alcohol, put the tape the bikes fenders to cover 100% of the mating surfaces and trimmed to be tidy with a new razor blade. Pressed them together against my knee....stuck great.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Sorry, didn't take pics. I cleaned all surfaces w alcohol, put the tape the bikes fenders to cover 100% of the mating surfaces and trimmed to be tidy with a new razor blade. Pressed them together against my knee....stuck great.
Ok cool. So you took the rear fender off and did it correct. Sorry for all the questions I know it’s simple but since it’s tape we talking about I want to make sure I get it right the first time

·
Registered
2019 SDGT White
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok cool. So you took the rear fender off and did it correct. Sorry for all the questions I know it’s simple but since it’s tape we talking about I want to make sure I get it right the first time
Take your time, toughest part of getting the hugger off was getting the little screws(torx head) out and back in that holds the cover/retainer for the brake line and abs wire. I also struggled with type of mounting, Puig offers two ways to secure it, then there is hot glue, ABS glue, Gorilla glue, screws, rivets, t-nuts and bolts, and many makes of tapes.....get at it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts