KTM Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Thought it was just some chain lube spatter but asked them to look at my 620 mile service. Was disappointed to hear that the countershift seal was leaking and needed replacement. It was covered under warranty. I have seen maybe 6 reports of this happening.
Hope other will chime in with their experiences and thoughts. Thank you. View attachment 96898
Sorry,but shouldn't that be"countershaft" instead of"countershift"?I am almost at my 1000 km service and i also noticed a little oil on that spot.

Yes, they meant "countershaft".

I am wondering if mine is something different. The KTM tech at my local shop said these bikes all seem to have come with the countershaft area packed with thick grease. His theory is that grease gets hot and flows out a bit. This would make sense as my bike has yet to make a single drop of oil on my garage floor and the engine oil hasn't needed topping up in 1500 miles. In any case, the seals are on back order so I'm waiting.

Yes, they meant "countershaft".

I am wondering if mine is something different. The KTM tech at my local shop said these bikes all seem to have come with the countershaft area packed with thick grease. His theory is that grease gets hot and flows out a bit. This would make sense as my bike has yet to make a single drop of oil on my garage floor and the engine oil hasn't needed topping up in 1500 miles. In any case, the seals are on back order so I'm waiting.
I definitely have oil leaking because I can smell it burning. My fix kit is in. I should have dropped my bike off this past Saturday when it was in the mid 50s. Now there's nearly a foot of snow on the ground. Hoping for a warm-ish day in the near future!

Picked it up today. I will say I could smell oil burn for a brief moment while it warmed up when I went to retrieve it. We'll see how it does...hopefully just some residual.
The short ride home in 38F was cold! The dash warned me of ice.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.