KTM Forums banner

Fork Support Brace

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Mirage 
#1 ·
Guys - newbie here. Was wondering if you guys recommend the use of a fork support between the front tire and underside of the front fender during transport. I have been just compressing the suspension with straps while trailering but wondering if that’s not good. Thanks guys

#2 ·
Yes, I use one.

Rangerman

#3 ·
Has it's supporters and benefits. In 11 years of racing (50cc to now 125cc) we have never used one. But we travel with bike in van and even if we use straps on handlebars to keep front end in place they are not extremely hardly pulled down.

#4 ·
Never used one. Always heard pulling tie downs tight was bad for fork and shock springs. Saw a racer use a plastic purpose made support and bounced a bike from an open trailer. Don't know if it was the fault of the support block or other problem, I just remember his pretty dirt bike all ground up like dog food from dragging down road. I figure if pulling tie downs will hurt my springs it's still cheaper than repairs from dropping it in road. I trailer my dirt bike and use a locking front wheel fixture from harbor freight and ancra tie downs front and rear of bike. Wheel Fixture locks tire only. Tie downs are tightened for travel and loosened for storage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.