KTM Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Liquid Amber Power Ranger
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day you lot. @Brissy1290 and I are having a day out tomorrow and have extended an open invitation for anyone who has the means or desire for an outing. This is a bit of a "get to know your neighbour" day as we haven't yet met. It's a reapplication of the old navy motto - Join the Navy and enlargen the circle of your friends .. something like that.

We are meeting at BP KIlcoy at 08.30 and will be having a sealed road day .. cause I don't do dirt on the SDGT. In very general terms we will stay in the SE corner area having an explore and head our own way home when we have done enough, or are sick of each other. :surprise: I could turn out to be a wanker.

See you then.

· Registered
23 Posts
Hey gents!

I would’ve loved to come along but I’m working tomorrow and the bike is in the shop on Saturday to clear up a couple of early warranty issues.

Have a great ride and stay safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey gents!

I would’ve loved to come along but I’m working tomorrow and the bike is in the shop on Saturday to clear up a couple of early warranty issues.

Have a great ride and stay safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Work - the scourge of the riding class. I remember having to work. Now I'm a retired old bustard with not enough time to either ride as much or play as much golf as I'd like.

I am sure this won't be he last time I head out for a play, so will keep you in the loop.

1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I can see me riding down a dirt road after that comment @Pete
Well mate I note that we managed to get 600 km under the belt AND stay in formation. You didn't need to duck down a side road to get away.

It was a bit crisp, but an expat South Island Kiwi and a veteran of 42 Canberra winters just got on with the job. There is no bad weather after all, just poor clothing choice. I will admit to being borderline poor clothing choice when I rode into Kilcoy at 0820 with the temp showing 5C. Good gloves, heated grips and a warmed bum tipped the balance.

The downhill run from Jimna was ruined by roadworks and suspect road surface that wasn't so obvious going uphill and into the sun. The run across Gregor Creek Rd was aborted because of roadworks - I didn't need to wait at a traffic light in the middle of somewhere for 15 minutes to ride across a few kms of mud... Rays Rd across to Beerwah was full of roadworks, the Bruce Hwy was full of roadworks. Bloody roadworks, I think I hate them more than the broken roads they are fixing..... maybe.

I never thought the SDGT was a small bike until I parked it beside your 1290 SA... have a look. The GT looks like a 600. Lucky it has a bit more torque than the one that rounded us up between Somerset Village and Esk. It took a million revs and two upchanges just to clear us..... while we were behind the P plater at 90 km/h.

Anyway, a great day out was had. Always good to meet like minded individuals.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.