KTM Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the old Front Brake Switch error. The switch actually works, but since the error is there, the computer 'thinks" it's bad.

I HAVE done the whole, ride-the-bike-30-minutes thing to get the computer to recalibrate itself. No joy.
I HAVE opened up the switch and sprayed with electronics cleaner. No joy.
The switch IS adjusted correctly. Well, I assume so, since the brake light comes on when pressing the front or rear levers.

Sounds like my only option is switch replacement? ...Or is there another trick?

Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
100 Posts
My trick is to dismiss the warning (by clicking the left arrow on the left hand control) and ignore it.
It’s one of those electronic gremlins.. nothing practical that can be done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My switch actually works...but the computer 'thinks' it's bad...thus the error. Unfortunately, that switch interacts with the cruise control...which now won't work. :(

·
Registered
281 Posts
Get the bike scanned...you have an open/short circuit or implausible signal fault. Brake switches on modern automotive systems don't just light up the brake light.
On vehicles I work on, many control units look at brake switch signal.
Maybe look at a wiring diagram first if thats more feasible. How many wires do you have going to the switch?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get the bike scanned...you have an open/short circuit or implausible signal fault. Brake switches on modern automotive systems don't just light up the brake light.
On vehicles I work on, many control units look at brake switch signal.
Maybe look at a wiring diagram first if thats more feasible. How many wires do you have going to the switch?
Hummm
You mean via ODBC connection?

·
The Sanitized Comic
1,426 Posts
I get this error about once a month on average. Gotta kill engine and back on to get Cruise to work. BTW I've got one of those OBD scanners but can't find a place to plug it in on the GT?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts