Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found,
91 octane ethanol free,

110 leaded ethanol free,

Then various can race gas.

300 2021 tpi bike.

Just the 91 will be fine or have you mixed gas for octane boost?

I've heard the.leaded was good for 2 strokes but have no data to back this up.
Didn't want to use it straight but wondering if mixing with unleaded be safe to use?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Non ethanol is preferred fuel. No need for race gas unless you really like the smell of leaded fuel. Ethanol changes fuel atomization and burn rate and that is slight issue for some conditions. The problem with ethanol is its affinity for absorbing moisture and subsequent problems with moisture laden fuel and its burn rate but more with problems with fuel system once the moisture collects in tank and other parts of fuel system. Some guys swear by starTron and other additives to prevent ethanol issues. I swear they're just lucky. Buy non ethanol if possible. You can dope your leaded race gas in any bike without catalytic converter. I mix a gallon of 110 octane leaded race fuel in 5 gallon premix since back when I was riding air cooled bikes. Best to use fuel stabilizer with all stored fuel

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
We race MX and use 110 octane (AVGas) with standard 91 octane pump fuel that does NOT have ethanol added. I have heard tales of ethanol causing issues with seals, gaskets, taps, reeds etc. But I have never actually seen it happen.

We add the 2 stroke oil to the mix last as right % of the total fuel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 110 fuel u both mentioned has lead in it?

I have a station that sells 110 but it's leaded?

That can me mixed with unleaded pump.fuel?

I did find sunaco optimum 95 lead free, about 10.00 per gallon thinking maybe mix that with 91 ethanol free pump.gas.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
I mix leaded Cam2 with non ethanol premium in everything I ride. The 1/2 gallon of leaded 110 octane Cam2 raises the octane of the entire batch of fuel and is more economical than running straight Cam2. Cooler running higher octane fuel makes every engine happy. Never run any leaded fuel in any bike or car with catalytic converter or oxygen sensor. Leaded fuel will never hurt engine but leaded fuel will kill catalytic converter and oxygen sensors.

Reactions: Axzon and Jared13

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
The 110 fuel u both mentioned has lead in it?

I have a station that sells 110 but it's leaded?

That can me mixed with unleaded pump.fuel?

I did find sunaco optimum 95 lead free, about 10.00 per gallon thinking maybe mix that with 91 ethanol free pump.gas.

Yep, there is lead in the 110 octane fuel (The stuff we use is for aeroplanes...). And yes, you can mix leaded fuel with non-leaded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts