KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just brought home a 200 exc last night and i think the person i bought it from is mixing too much oil (its smoking alot on start and oil drips from exhaust opening on cylinder onto pipe). Before i drain the tank and mix a fresh batch of 100 octane fuel i would like to know what other owners are mixing at. The owners manual has 1:40-1:60 is what i should stick with?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I myself just bought a 200xcw and had same problem... I was informed to try Champion wp2 waterpumper oil and mix at 50-1. No problems now. Runs great.Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
try 40-1 to play it safe... Alot of the guys i ride with race in the east harescramble series and they recomend the 50-1. I am like you i used to only run 32-1. I have recently switched and feel the difference and see it also in the exhaust. I have also put in the iridium ix spark plug by NGK. Seems to start better. I was told would improve the start up with less effort. Seems to be so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mixed a gallon at 36:1 today it ran pretty good. I don't have much trouble starting my 200 using NGK B8ES. What oil are you using? I picked up some Bel-Ray H1R and when i put a little racing gas in the ratio-rite cup to rinse the oil out i noticed it took quite a bit shaking to get it to mix well with the gas.Outside temp was only about 38 today i don't know why that would make a difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am running Champion wp2 2-cycle racing oil. 50-1 ratio. The bottle is clear with a blue label and yellow writing. The oil itself is red. I mixed some up Tues. to ride with my son. when i pour gas into the ratio rite to clean it out the oil almost instintly mixes with the gas. This is regular gas not racing or premium grade. The bikes run great and have had no plugs to foul out. The weather here was around 62 degrees. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just brought home a 200 exc last night and i think the person i bought it from is mixing too much oil (its smoking alot on start and oil drips from exhaust opening on cylinder onto pipe). Before i drain the tank and mix a fresh batch of 100 octane fuel i would like to know what other owners are mixing at. The owners manual has 1:40-1:60 is what i should stick with?
CIRTCELE1,
I've ridden my 91 250 exc since 91, and always used MC-1 @ 50/1 with 87 octane gas.
I use havoline 10/40 in the motor (clutch) and a B8EV plug with the ground electrode filed to a point, (old racing trick).
Pipe is dry and plug is medium/light brown.
Ran many enduro's here in colorado @ 7000 ft+ alt and lots of trail riding too.
My son is now ice racing this old bike in the bare tire class and has been colorado state champion for THREE YEARS IN A ROW.
I don't know what were doing wrong ???
mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts