KTM Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to me 06 sxf 35hrs on a full rebuild. Second time riding the bike started first kick. Rode about 2 miles and the bike would not restart had to bump start it would run terrible at anything below full throttle. Got it home and I could almost stand in the kick start With The Plug out!! without rotating the engine. Thought the motor was siezed. Started dissembly to find the cause. Timing is spot on oil is clean but the most baffling thing is the motor turns freely with a wrench on the crank. I'm stumped I'm a auto mechanic with a good bit of experience in motorcycle engines just never ktm. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also inspected the kick start gears and removed the clutch pack everything looks fine and turns freely. Crank turns easy. but if I try to rotate the engine with the clutch basket or the kick start is nearly impossible. makes no sense.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes between the carb and the head. I was trying to turn the engine over with the kickstarter by hand and I think it's just too much for us and I thought there was a problem but not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
2 Participants
Axzon
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing