KTM Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in having the track pack installed but I was told that it may not be available for my bike but they will not know until they connect the computer. I'm going to make an appointment to have my dash updated (software update available) and while the bike is in there I figured I would have the track pack installed if it's available at all.

Also does anyone have any details on the recently released software update for the dash? What is it suppose to improve?

·
Registered
442 Posts
The Track Pack is only for the KTM 1290 R. The software update dramatically improves the suspension in the Gen 1 &2 bikes. What year KTM GT did you purchase??

Best,

Doc :unsure: :unsure:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure? I feel like we have people on here in the US that have the track pack on the GT. I have a 2019 GT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I just joined this forum so that I could respond to this question. I have a 2020 Super Duke GT and have had the track pack installed by local dealer .

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, I just joined this forum so that I could respond to this question. I have a 2020 Super Duke GT and have had the track pack installed by local dealer .
Where are you located? I was just told by two dealers that the KTM track pack is no longer available for my 2019 GT. I'm mad at myself b/c I should have done it a few months ago but the dealership was really busy and I didn't want to deal with waiting or anything of that nature, this sucks

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Maybe you should consider trying this link from KTM: Products

Best,

Doc :unsure: :unsure:
Gary a few months ago it was available for the GT not just the R. I just spoke with 3 dealers and KTM Consumer Services and it's no longer available for the GT but they don't know why. One dealer beleives it was some bug issues they needed to work out but I don't know how true that is b/c its still available for the R. I mad at myself that I didn't get it installed when I had the chance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I too just joined to reply to this, although I've been visiting the forum quite a bit over the past year. I just got my '20 GT the start of Aug.

The Track Pack is a bit of a funny item. Officially KTM doesn't offer it in the US. It was dropped shortly after the MY19 bikes were released, and almost all dealers will tell you it doesn't exist anymore. HOWEVER, there is a way the service guys can access it. Once your bike is plugged into their computer, if they go into the available software packages, it should show up. It does not show up if the bike isn't plugged in and connected.
I was the first person to have it done at my dealer, and had to talk sweet nothings into the service guys ear. I had it done the same time the first service was done. Service guy said when he first plugged the bike in when I dropped it off, the software pack didn't show up. He figured I was blowing smoke up his rear. After acknowledging that the first service was done in the computer, he went back into the available software and the Track Pack showed up. So it may be something that can't be accessed until after the first service is done and acknowledged. I haven't been back in since, so I don't know if they are offering it to others yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here's my understanding of the situation...and I own a 2019 SDGT.

Trackpack for the 2019 and on SDGT was available for purchase in the US for a period of time. Sometime around June 2020, the Trackpack was pulled from the KTM system and no longer available to purchase in the US only. Trackpack continues to be available for EU and Japan markets...you can see this on the KTM website. There are a couple of postings from folks who have talked to KTM corporate and confirmed that Trackpack was pulled (including some theory emissions issues).

My dealer says they no longer see Trackpack in their purchasing system.

I have tried to purchase the Trackpack online...the order is in, but they can't get it fulfilled.

So, I don't think you can buy Trackpack, but that may not necessarily mean you can't get it activated. I have seen a posting on one of the boards which seemed to indicate a guy who got his dealer to activate the Trackpack despite not being able to purchase. Meaning...the tech just turned it on which their service tool and didn't need an activation code. This is what I'd love to see someone confirm.

Update...and it looks like DanMan has confirmed :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I too just joined to reply to this, although I've been visiting the forum quite a bit over the past year. I just got my '20 GT the start of Aug.

The Track Pack is a bit of a funny item. Officially KTM doesn't offer it in the US. It was dropped shortly after the MY19 bikes were released, and almost all dealers will tell you it doesn't exist anymore. HOWEVER, there is a way the service guys can access it. Once your bike is plugged into their computer, if they go into the available software packages, it should show up. It does not show up if the bike isn't plugged in and connected.
I was the first person to have it done at my dealer, and had to talk sweet nothings into the service guys ear. I had it done the same time the first service was done. Service guy said when he first plugged the bike in when I dropped it off, the software pack didn't show up. He figured I was blowing smoke up his rear. After acknowledging that the first service was done in the computer, he went back into the available software and the Track Pack showed up. So it may be something that can't be accessed until after the first service is done and acknowledged. I haven't been back in since, so I don't know if they are offering it to others yet.
Where are you located? Do you think you can give the dealer a call and see if this is still the situation?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Watching this with interest, if there is a free TP for a GT I'm in! Someone should go to their (competent) dealer to find out fer sure. Doc, your dealer isn't all that sharp ... or at least this is what's been gleaned from your posts?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Watching this with interest, if there is a free TP for a GT I'm in! Someone should go to their (competent) dealer to find out fer sure. Doc, your dealer isn't all that sharp ... or at least this is what's been gleaned from your posts?
Tell me about it ( SAS System Removal?? - KTM Super Twins Forum ). Fortunately, the guy at the KTM Dealership I was working with mods/ dealing with left. Unfortunately, their genus that was in charge of service also hit the road when COVID-19 struck.

Best,

Doc 😢 😢

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a new "leftover" 19. Got it in Jan 2002, I think. I did purchase the track pack. But it does not work "as advertised". The wheelie control never really comes off, despite disengaging it. The dealer says they should have never installed it according to their regional KTM rep and looks like I caught a weird window where they were getting ready to shut it down, but hadn't officially done so yet. Supposedly I'm supposed to get a refund for the purchase of the track pack. We'll see... It may just be applied as a credit as my left front rotor warped badly with less than 4k miles on it, and KTM would not warranty the rotor or the damaged pad. Which is pretty lame.... As if I could be somehow responsible for a bad rotor which subsequently ruined the pad. I got a call last week about the brake service that was done 2 months ago, asking for money (around $300). I told them to call KTM about my refund first and then we would sware up :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a new "leftover" 19. Got it in Jan 2002, I think. I did purchase the track pack. But it does not work "as advertised". The wheelie control never really comes off, despite disengaging it. The dealer says they should have never installed it according to their regional KTM rep and looks like I caught a weird window where they were getting ready to shut it down, but hadn't officially done so yet. Supposedly I'm supposed to get a refund for the purchase of the track pack. We'll see... It may just be applied as a credit as my left front rotor warped badly with less than 4k miles on it, and KTM would not warranty the rotor or the damaged pad. Which is pretty lame.... As if I could be somehow responsible for a bad rotor which subsequently ruined the pad. I got a call last week about the brake service that was done 2 months ago, asking for money (around $300). I told them to call KTM about my refund first and then we would sware up :)
Interesting, bc I had one dealer say that he think there was a glitch with the software or some types of issue and that’s why it’s no longer available for the GT.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Interesting, bc I had one dealer say that he think there was a glitch with the software or some types of issue and that’s why it’s no longer available for the GT.
The only glitch is the smile I can’t get off my face while passing sport bikes in the mountain passes using the adjustable TC on the fly... #️⃣🇮🇲
2A4064A7-11BD-4B49-8260-CEC80F7EF289.png

·
Registered
241 Posts
You are so so so lucky. I want the track pack so bad but it doesn’t look like I’m going to be able to get it.

You're not missing much... Spend the money on some really good tires or an exhaust. Prospected is a skilled rider. Most people, myself included, probably don't have the talent or the place to ride a bike like this fast enough to take advantage of features such as adjustable on the fly traction control.

As mentioned previously, the front end on my bike won't lift more than a couple of inches regardless of the mode so something is boogered with the pack. I'm half tempted to have them pull the track pack off. I do like the hill hold control, but can't see a reason why I would ever want to use launch control on a bike.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts