KTM Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a new "leftover" 19. Got it in Jan 2002, I think. I did purchase the track pack. But it does not work "as advertised". The wheelie control never really comes off, despite disengaging it. The dealer says they should have never installed it according to their regional KTM rep and looks like I caught a weird window where they were getting ready to shut it down, but hadn't officially done so yet. Supposedly I'm supposed to get a refund for the purchase of the track pack. We'll see... It may just be applied as a credit as my left front rotor warped badly with less than 4k miles on it, and KTM would not warranty the rotor or the damaged pad. Which is pretty lame.... As if I could be somehow responsible for a bad rotor which subsequently ruined the pad. I got a call last week about the brake service that was done 2 months ago, asking for money (around $300). I told them to call KTM about my refund first and then we would sware up :)
I wonder if I may have a similar problem. I just bought a used 2019 and it has the Track Pack installed but it says N/A above the Spin. I have a software update I'm supposed to do at the dealer soon and i hope they can make it work right and don't just take away the track pack from me. That would suck. Also, for whatever reason my Traction Control Light always stays on when in track mode even when Traction Control is on it won't let it work in Track mode.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For teh SDR, spin adjuster mode only works in track/performance mode. I don’t see an “umbrella” rider mode on your dash>?

So for example on the SDR, we have:
Rain Mode
Street Mode
Performance Mode (option) -Here you can adjust: Spin Control, Anti-Wheelie mode on/off, and enable/disable Launch Control,
Track Mode (option) - Here you can adjust: Spin Control, Anti-Wheelie mode on/off, and enable/disable Launch Control,

Do you have the same on the SDGT? If yes and you are in track/performance mode, then yeah, it is definitely behaving differently.

Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
For teh SDR, spin adjuster mode only works in track/performance mode. I don’t see an “umbrella” rider mode on your dash>?

So for example on the SDR, we have:
Rain Mode
Street Mode
Performance Mode (option) -Here you can adjust: Spin Control, Anti-Wheelie mode on/off, and enable/disable Launch Control,
Track Mode (option) - Here you can adjust: Spin Control, Anti-Wheelie mode on/off, and enable/disable Launch Control,

Do you have the same on the SDGT? If yes and you are in track/performance mode, then yeah, it is definitely behaving differently.

Rob
Yes, it's in track mode, so something must be off. Here's another pic for clarity.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got it. The display in the SDR is very different, but from what you are showing, yes spin control should be there. It’s increased/decreased with the cruise +/- buttons. Also something up with your launch control?

SDR below just for reference:

My LC also says N/A for some

Launch control has the following requirements, probably why N/A for me:

1. Engine is cold
2. I only have 160m on the odometer so far. (Still in break in)

·
Registered
13 Posts
@ktmpike...

Looks like you've got MTC set to OFF...wouldn't that disable spin control settings and potentially be the source of the "N/A"?
If you look at the above picture in the left side MTC is on. However the light at the bottom stays on. It's as if in the Track Mode MTC won't work on my bike. Outside of track mode MTC works fine. Strange issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you look at the above picture in the left side MTC is on. However the light at the bottom stays on. It's as if in the Track Mode MTC won't work on my bike. Outside of track mode MTC works fine. Strange issue.

In the earlier picture you post, MTC is off on the bottom side of the display?

Definitely weird.

I may be having similar issues with slip control on SDGT Track Mode. I don't see the "N/A", but I don't seem to be able to adjust the setting. I'm stuck at "8".

I wonder if there is a way to do a reset on the electrics. I may try disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes. I don't think that would screw up the keyless settings, but...

·
Registered
13 Posts

Definitely weird.

I may be having similar issues with slip control on SDGT Track Mode. I don't see the "N/A", but I don't seem to be able to adjust the setting. I'm stuck at "8".

I wonder if there is a way to do a reset on the electrics. I may try disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes. I don't think that would screw up the keyless settings, but...
I apologize, the pictures are a bit confusing. I just took a few pictures- one trying with MTC on and one with it OFF. Even if MTC is on, Traction Control will not engage on the bike and the light will not turn off.

I'm also interested if there is a way to do a full "hard" reset or some other way to reboot the system.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Even if MTC is on, Traction Control will not engage on the bike and the light will not turn off.
You have to exceed some MPH figure before the light turns off.Did you ride it in track mode to make the light go out?

·
Registered
13 Posts
You have to exceed some MPH figure before the light turns off.Did you ride it in track mode to make the light go out?
Yes. I rode it a good bit with no change. I imagine the TC light turns off at the same speed the ABS light turns off, which turns off just fine, and is how it works when not in track mode. In track mode the ABS light turns off but not the TC mode. I even tried riding until the ABS and TC light turn off in Street mode and then switching over to Track mode. As soon as I switch to track mode the TC light comes right back on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Definitely weird.

Per section 18.3 of the owners manual the slip setting is changed by the menu up/down buttons.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Per section 18.3 of the owners manual the slip setting is changed by the menu up/down buttons.
[/QUOTE]

For me, it doesn't work with up/down buttons. Tried with ignition just on, bike running, and in-motion (obviously on) / throttle on/off...nothing other than the "8"...also tried holding button on what it takes to disable MTC. There's an older post on a UK forum talking about same issue and the potential "fix" was a SW update. I've got an support email into KTM to see if they have anything to say about it.

Side note...I also did a disable of the MTC. When I did that, I saw the same N/A on the slip display as @ktmpike. I suspect @ktmpike may have a "real" issue as TC light stays on...maybe a sensor gone bad.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts