KTM Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
hello London!

the Duke is a sweet piece! I must ask, how hard is it to keep the white one clean? Mags are cool as well... I'm trying sell my 690 SM now, but I'll replace it with a Duke next year (' 09)... either white or black... be sure to post up your mods to the bike!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its really easy to keep clean, its a well finished bike and i try to look after it as much as pos.... mods so far are the tail tidy, removed the snorkle and the restrictor wires (i think they are called wheelie wires else where) white wheel tape and having an Akro fitted this week.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recently bought the same bike you have. What does removing the snorkle and restrictor wire do for the bike. I pulled the snorkle off my VFR once. Sounded cool at first, but the extra noise under the fuel tank got a bit irritating after awhile. Since the snorkle on this bike is under the seat it might not be as bad.??

Springing for the Akro? I saw on ktmtwins.com they are selling a FMF slip-on for $900 US if you're interested. http://www.ktmtwins.com/690duke.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
taking the snorkle off made it feel more smooth throught the mid range, some might say otherwise, but its how i felt.... the restrictor wires stop the throtle opening fully in 2nd and 3rd gear, that made a nice difference. the Akro map dissables that too. i have a GPR system on it now and found it to be not up to spec, not happy with it, so going for the Akro as thats all thats here in the UK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts