KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Names Jordan, been riding almost a year now. On my second bike (first was a VERY small two stroke street bike), a 2005 Yamaha R6 raven.

On a different note, I got rear ended today :/, guy behind me was spacing off, thought I was merging (when I was pulling up very slowly walking bike, basically standing still) and slammed on the gas to fit into a tiny gap, well thats what he tried to do anyway! I held him back ;).

Bikes all cosmetic, I am fine, he is going to take care of it.

Anyways! I will likely not be riding this Sunday, or regardless rather, I really want to test ride a KTM 690 (Duke most likely) as I think a 690 single will be my next bike.

I dont however like the Duke styling to much and the super moto is just not my thing.

The RC4 though? My dream bike!

The R6 is a little to fast, not to fast to handle but its just not as fun as clicking through 4, maybe 5 gears and still being at a semi legal speed on the freeway. With the R6, a hard launch on the freeway consists of 1st, and some 2nd gear but then its already at a solid 75mph before getting into 2nd gears meat at all...

Its a great bike! I love it, but its more then I need (like to keep it in the 2 digit range).

RC4 is rumored to be very light and 78hp so it would still keep me happy but let me use a little more of its power, have something unique and much lighter and easier to manage, not to mention the fun of tossing it around the twisties :).

So what do you guys think, when would we ever see the RC4 in the US?

Also on a side note, how would a single like a duke or RC4 compare to my I4? I road a couple harleys (only bring this up because the twin is probably closer to the singles ride), one, an air cooled 1200. Hated the power delivery. The other, a V-rod. Almost felt like my R6! Just less powerful/twitchy and the front end stays where it belongs under WOT!

Makes me think a single cylinder, as long as its liquid cooled like the V-rod, will be easy for me to get used to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Going to be doing my test ride on Tuesday....

Nobody has any input on the RC4?

On another forum some peoplementioned, with under 650cc's and only one cylinder, 78hp is going to be extremely unreliable. Any input into the truth of this or how well KTM handles engine problems if I did get an RC4 and had some problems?

I was also happy to read an RC8 review saying its fairly comfortable, from the pics (seat) it didnt look the part but atleast compared to the 1098 its much more ergonomical.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts