KTM Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

A few years ago, I stopped using my 2008 KTM 690 Duke and i removed the fuel tank.

Fast forward to today, I have decided to start riding again. When putting the gas tank together, i was able to identify the fuel lines and connect them and another cable, but after putting it all together I noticed a wire hanging on the right side of the bike (when sitting on it) (see pic below). Does anyone here have any idea where that connector/wire should be plugged into? I have looked through he manual and chasis parts but I cannot find anything about it.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Best,
macutan

·
Registered
2016 690 Duke
92 Posts
Is there a fuel level sending unit with a float and all that in the tank? I'm not familiar with the '08 but on the '16 the only 2 electrical connectors are the fuel pump power which is on the bottom and the fuel level sending unit/float. It comes up the right side of the tank and connects on the top to the left of the filler neck. It looks like the plug for that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a fuel level sending unit with a float and all that in the tank? I'm not familiar with the '08 but on the '16 the only 2 electrical connectors are the fuel pump power which is on the bottom and the fuel level sending unit/float. It comes up the right side of the tank and connects on the top to the left of the filler neck. It looks like the plug for that.
Good point. Will take the tank out again and will go around it to visually inspect for any female connectors that may fit such connector. Will revert with pictures/description of my findings.

Thank you for responding!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good point. Will take the tank out again and will go around it to visually inspect for any female connectors that may fit such connector. Will revert with pictures/description of my findings.

Thank you for responding!
yup! I was able to locate the sending unit "female" connector right under the fuel tank! Thank you Pavement Tested for pointing me in the right location!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts