KTM Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is very stupid!!! Purchased a brand new 2008 525 XC today. Got it home and no keys. Apparently, when I picked it up from the dealership today. I left the keys in the ignition after we loaded it up. I drove off and all the flapping around on the freeway ejected the keys. (its the only thing we can think of). Anyways, not only were the 2 keys on the ring, but also the credit card thing with the key code as well. And to top it all off, the dealership did not write down the keycode on the check list paper work. The dealership says that they have to order me a new ignition with 2 new keys. Of course that is going to take several days. Planned a big riding trip this weekend. Does anyone know of any other place the keycode would be? If I can find that the dealership can cut me new keys. Also, does anyone know how to easily bipass the ignition key to start it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well...nevermind........I got it rigged until my new ignition gets here but.............On a different note......these quads are very different. The dealer didn't tell me anything. Example: 1. The clutch has to be pulled in to start regardless if its in neutral or not. 2. It will not go into neutral if its running (i think I read that somewhere). 3. Which way is on and off for the fuel....the manual looks different. 4. The exhaust sounds weird. My wife said it sounds like something is clanking around in the tip. 5. Everything says the clutch is self adjusting, but it keeps creeping forward. 6. The off and run switch also turns off the ignition.

If any of the stuff does not sound right, can you please let me know. I appreciate your guys help. I am definitely not a noob to riding, but I am new to KTM quads

1 - 3 of 3 Posts