KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike rc 200 is showing a high coolant temperature...and low fuel level....It is not taking self....what to do now....
Such expensive bike...and nd these defects...really shamefull. ...need update from ur side....and as soon as possible.

Regards,
Swamy HS
Ph: +918660096597

·
Super Moderator
2,090 Posts
Hi Swammy. Welcome to the forum.

Sorry about your troubles. But this site is not an official KTM page. This is for riders and parents of riders who are looking for help. There is a handful of us on the page that has some knowledge from years of being involved with KTM bikes. (I am a dad of a boy who has been riding KTM dirt bikes since before he was 7, and he is now almost 19. I have no connection with KTM as such. Yes, I buy parts from KTM suppliers, but that is it.

What year is your bike? If it is a new one it should still be under warranty. Sorry, I have no experience with your bike. We have only been riding 2 stroke KTM SX bikes for 12 years.

But perhaps someone else on this site can help you. Let's hope so!!

Reactions: Swamy hs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Swammy. Welcome to the forum.

Sorry about your troubles. But this site is not an official KTM page. This is for riders and parents of riders who are looking for help. There is a handful of us on the page that has some knowledge from years of being involved with KTM bikes. (I am a dad of a boy who has been riding KTM dirt bikes since before he was 7, and he is now almost 19. I have no connection with KTM as such. Yes, I buy parts from KTM suppliers, but that is it.

What year is your bike? If it is a new one it should still be under warranty. Sorry, I have no experience with your bike. We have only been riding 2 stroke KTM SX bikes for 12 years.

But perhaps someone else on this site can help you. Let's hope so!!
Thanks for the reply..... It's RC390 and 2018 model.

·
Super Moderator
2,090 Posts
I have moved your thread to the right category so you have a better chance of getting a reply. All the best!

(To Moderators: I have left a one day re-direction notice. Here is hoping that I have got it right this time!!!)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the reply..... It's RC390 and 2018 model.
High coolant temp is generally resolved by replacing the radiator cap to a lower Bar. I will check my RC but I think its a 1.6bar radiator cap. Cant help on the low fuel. Not sure I understand your issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My bike rc 200 is showing a high coolant temperature...and low fuel level....It is not taking self....what to do now....
Such expensive bike...and nd these defects...really shamefull. ...need update from ur side....and as soon as possible.

Regards,
Swamy HS
Ph: +918660096597
hi there, did you find out the problem my rc 125 is doing the same and cant find a soloution

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Sorry I've no idea, but check all the usual suspects, like crash damage and repair work done properly, all wiring connected properly. Battery in good order and terminals tight.

Is the bike new or second hand? Maybe the previous owner has messed with it...... which means it's not necessarily a KTM quality issue.

Was it running properly before this issue?

Any more clues might help other forum members familiar with an RC390 to respond with ideas...... otherwise, back to the dealership for diagnosis.

I've got a KTM 1290GT and it has been 100% reliable...... but it's still a machine and we never know what might happen.......

Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts