KTM Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I owned a 2018 KTM enduro r. I brought it new 3 months ago of the KTM dealership. Today I was filling up my tank at BP station as I noticed petrol was pissing out of a hole above the exhaust. The hole was a size of a 50'cent coin. I don't the hell this happen and so KTM dealership are blown away by this hole
. It's only done 2000 KMs and 3 months old and very dangerous. Has anyone has this issue before on their KTM?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
G'day Dean'o......

Let me get this straight in my head...... you bought a 2018 model enduro R (1290/250/??), brand new old stock (?), 3 months ago, and 2000kms later the tank has a hole the size of a 50c coin......... :unsure:......

Has the enduro's tank been punctured by a rock or has something fallen off (like a fuel tap or fuel level sensor). My KTM has a plastic tank, so it can't rust - what does your's have?

Really a strange thing to occur so suddenly on any brand of new bike.......

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Hi all. I owned a 2018 KTM enduro r. I brought it new 3 months ago of the KTM dealership. Today I was filling up my tank at BP station as I noticed petrol was pissing out of a hole above the exhaust. The hole was a size of a 50'cent coin. I don't the hell this happen and so KTM dealership are blown away by this hole
. It's only done 2000 KMs and 3 months old and very dangerous. Has anyone has this issue before on their KTM?
Can you post a picture of leak? I'm very curious about this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you post a picture of leak? I'm very curious about this.
my
My KTM 690 is at the dealership. I didn't get the chance to take a pic I just needed to get it there. I call them up yesterday Arvo. They said it could be the bolts that penetrated from the upgrade Remus exhaust system. 🤷 I told them is not good enough

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G'day Dean'o......

Let me get this straight in my head...... you bought a 2018 model enduro R (1290/250/??), brand new old stock (?), 3 months ago, and 2000kms later the tank has a hole the size of a 50c coin......... :unsure:......

Has the enduro's tank been punctured by a rock or has something fallen off (like a fuel tap or fuel level sensor). My KTM has a plastic tank, so it can't rust - what does your's have?

Really a strange thing to occur so suddenly on any brand of new bike.......
I called the dealership yesterday afternoon asking how this hole happen. The bloke from KTM said this hole may be caused from the upgraded Remus exhaust they installed when I brought the bike. Something to do with the bolts 🤷 still investigating the hole. I said this is very strange and not good enough as this hole could of caused a major accident. Even if a stone ficked up into the tank it shouldn't of penetrated and created a big hole. 🤷

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Yeah, it's sounding like something has melted or ground it's way into the tank from a poor install. They'll likely replace the tank for you as it's their stuff up.

(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want more then a replacement tank mate. I had fuel all over me and could of had a major accident. There Fault totally. Don't want the bike back. Replacement as its new or Money back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts