KTM Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i'm the new member of the group. I got my Duke 200 nearly a year ago and i have put a little more than 4400km on the bike, i changed the oil after the first 1000km and this is when my trouble started: the owner's manual shown that i didn't need to replace the oil until 7500km, but the service at my country's KTM dealership said you should change oil after 3500km, which is way sooner than in the manual. I live in Vietnam, with most of my riding time in hot weather and a great deal of traffic jam, and i ride my bike fairly hard.

So should i change my oil according to the KTM Vietnam service or should i stick to the manual? Thank you so much for reading this!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hello guys, i'm the new member of the group. I got my Duke 200 nearly a year ago and i have put a little more than 4400km on the bike, i changed the oil after the first 1000km and this is when my trouble started: the owner's manual shown that i didn't need to replace the oil until 7500km, but the service at my country's KTM dealership said you should change oil after 3500km, which is way sooner than in the manual. I live in Vietnam, with most of my riding time in hot weather and a great deal of traffic jam, and i ride my bike fairly hard.

So should i change my oil according to the KTM Vietnam service or should i stick to the manual? Thank you so much for reading this!
1000 km is the first oil change for most bikes, then your manual says 7500km changes. id do one half way (3750kms) and let the shop do the 7500 km services for your warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts