KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's KTM of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2019 Husqvarna 300i with 50hrs on it after replaced the piston. In general, the engine is 210 hours. When I change the piston the engine work perfect, but a couple of hours ago when I start the engine it dies immediately. This is happened with and without activated cold start button. Even whit activated cold start button start more hardly.
When it's parked in the garage for a few days after the last ride and I try to start it cold, there is a problem. The engine start but dies immediately. This is happening two or three times, then start and work normally. Read many topics and make a few repairs but the problem isn’t solved.
I change the spark with new one, adjusted the idle speed screw, cleaned the spark plug connector, cleaned the injectors whitultrasonic. Change the fuel tankwhit another bike that works normally. Checking the wiring harness. Read out the fault memory whit diagnostics tool. Change the fuel whit high octane, but the problem isn’t solved.
In addition after the first start it dies immediately. After the second start it works for about five seconds but if I try to open the throttle it dies again. After the third or fourth start it allows me to open the throttle and the engine already supports idle and works without a problem after that, but until it clears the pipe smokes more than normal.

If some have a solution let help me.

·
Dirt Wizard
4,587 Posts
Is there no one with such a issue
Patience buddy. We're all on different time line's here + this is a ktm forum, but yes I know, basically the same bike as your husky.
I haven't had experience with the symptoms you are having, but to me it sounds like a fuel pressure problem. Are you priming the fuel pump before you try to start it?
You said you cleaned the injector, but the end of your story above would dead set describe a dribbling injector. (Which would lower fuel pressure) .
Fires 3rd or 4th hit and smokes bad on start up. 95% of the time, that's a dribbling injector.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hello DW
Thanks for the feedback.
I searched but did not find a husky forum.
The fuel pump pressure was one of the things I thought was the problem. Because of this I put a tank from another bike (same as mine) that works without a problem. The next thing in the fuel line were the injectors, that's why I cleaned them.
I'm looking at the service manual and lastly I'm thinking is to change the stator winding, but to buy a new one just to try it.
Nevertheless, I will also exchange injectors to be absolutely sure.

·
Super Moderator
2,562 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

We do not have a 300i. But from what I have understood, the throttle body might be the issue. In original setting you end up using the air screw to adjust the idle. This will increase air flow but not fuel flow in to the motor. There has been a few modifications to that and Slavens has a permanent fix for it. Here: https://slavensracing.com/shop/slavens-mule-ez-idle-screw-ktm-tpi-hqv/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum!

We do not have a 300i. But from what I have understood, the throttle body might be the issue. In original setting you end up using the air screw to adjust the idle. This will increase air flow but not fuel flow in to the motor. There has been a few modifications to that and Slavens has a permanent fix for it. Here: https://slavensracing.com/shop/slavens-mule-ez-idle-screw-ktm-tpi-hqv/
Hello Axzon
Thanks for the feedback
I will try this way. Anyway I see it as a problem with this year and model. Explainer: TPI Models’ Cold-Start & Idle Adjuster

·
Super Moderator
2,562 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts