KTM Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fair but it there THAT much of a difference between the 790 and 890? I understand having the two 890s as it seems more cost efficient
Agree, 100%. I posted over in the 790/890 section that they probably dumped the base 890 because they have the 890 GS which is an up trimmed base 890 and KTM figures buyers for the base 890 would jump on the 790.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Stopped into my local dealer today and talked to the sales guy about the 2023 SDGT. I didn't realize that the panniers are extra cost unlike previous years when the bags were standard. The more and more I look at the new SDGT it looks like it's a mid cycle refresh. Gen 2.5, if you will. Wheels from the SDR and some software updates. Not sure if the SDR has the same option but there is "Performance Mode" for the SDGT. Performance Mode is described as "Track Mode for the street", whatever that means.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Fair but it there THAT much of a difference between the 790 and 890? I understand having the two 890s as it seems more cost efficient
I believe the 890 is becoming a 990 in the next 12 months for euro 6 (bigger displacement to help counteract the fuel emission restrictions) which would make a 200cc difference a bit more understandable, but yeah I scratched my head when they said the 790 was back KTM 990 Duke Spied

1 - 17 of 17 Posts